KHRC – Programmer
KHRC – Programmer (M/F)
At the Kongsberg Hydrodynamic Research Centre, the team developing and maintaining the in-house developed system PropCalc needs to expand and is looking for talented engineers with an interest in algorithm development and programming.
We are offering a possibility to join a small effective, dedicated and problem-solving-oriented team. You should find it stimulating to face situations with no obvious answers or solutions where your creativity, problem solving skills and ability to collaborate is challenged.
The main objectives are focused around our sales, design and engineering tools for propulsion products, a system called PropCalc. You will over time be familiar with tools related to all products and functions within Propulsion & Engine. We have interfaces to other sites and teams within Kongsberg as well as universities, joint industry projects, subcontractors, suppliers, and research organisations. Our projects have a wide range from strait forward bug fixing and service desk management to development of new tools and functionality lasting over several years. You should easily and with enthusiasm be able to learn new subjects, test and implement ideas. Travelling abroad will occur.
- Communicate with stakeholders and develop and implement algorithms according to needs and demands.
- Development and maintenance of the PropCalc system
- Work in SQL databases, source code handling and issue tracking
- Take part of PropCalc training courses
- Gain an overall understanding in order to predict future user needs and demands
- Analytical, precise and creative without loosing focus on delivery
Qualifications and experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering
- Experience in C/C++ and FORTRAN programming is an advantage
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Experience in Hydrodynamics, Databases, CAD, CFD, FEM is an advantage
- High level of English, both written and oral
What we can offer you
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Professional development and career opportunities
- We offer the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future
- We offer the highest standard and working conditions
- We offer flexible working hours / hybrid working arrangement
- We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages
- We offer financial support and paid leave in time of need, travel insurance, private additional health insurance, team buildings, etc.
Rijeka, Pula (Croatia)
Point of contact
Luksa Radic, Manager Ship & Interior Design Navis Consult Engineering Services
For this position we work with personality and ability tests, which may be sent to you if you proceed in the process.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Kongsberg Hydrodynamic Research Centre (KHRC) is one of the worlds leading marine hydrodynamic research facilities, specialized in the development of marine propulsion systems including the design and testing of propellers, thrusters and waterjets.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
If you see this offer as great opportunity for your further growth and development please apply until 7th February on email:
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication