An exciting opportunity has arisen as JUNIOR BUYER, based at our Gateshead site in Newcastle. You will be part of our Procurement Team, who are responsible in purchasing goods, materials, and services to ensure that the Business operational needs are met. You will take into account; price, quality, and delivery to ensure continuity of supply in support of the various projects and programmes. The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen, 'can-do' attitude and a high degree of flexibility.
- Recommend sourcing decisions in accordance with Kongsberg CM Management System processes
- Assist in the negotiation of supplier prices and where applicable annual price reductions using appropriate negotiation techniques.
- Develop and improve supplier capability and identify opportunities to secure the Business benefits.
- Maintain compliance with all associated Kongsberg CM Management System processes.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships in the interests of Kongsberg Maritime Ltd
- Communicate with Suppliers regularly to address any concerns and adopt an environment that facilitates continual improvement in working relationships.
- Support other team members who are coordinating strategies on associated commodities.
- Assist with the development of Sourcing Strategies to support the business requirement
- Provide procurement support to offsite service engineers to ensure they can carry out the required tasks
- Obtain regular reports from Suppliers on product / component delivery and advise other KM departments on any issues which present a risk or opportunity to the organisation.
- Maintaining compliance with Export Controlled Technology / Hardware processes and procedures.
- Within capabilities other suitable tasks as deemed appropriate by the business.
Qualifications and experience
- Ability to work with our ERP system and other IT software packages such as Word, Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Studying towards CIPS qualification or prepared to study towards
- Experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Basic knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial acumen, and cost breakdowns.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated, prepared to use their own initiative and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Planning and organizing skills to manage short, medium, and long-term activities and deliverables.
- Ability to understand the importance of a good work ethic.
- Ability to build relationships that bring together a broad range of talents, experience and perspectives thus promoting the "One Team" approach.
- Acts in a professional courteous manner to our colleagues and Customers at all times.
- Compliance with the company's HS&E policies and procedures and involvement in HSE governance activities.
- Active participation in Business improvement activities.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- make an impact, convince, and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
Our Deck Machinery and Motion Control division owns, develops, and delivers world class handling solutions, with focus on system solutions and integration driving increased efficiency in our customers' operations. The division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg Maritime’s winches and handling solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication