IT Engineer (Service Desk)
The IT Service Desk Engineer provides IT support services to end-users at all KONGSBERG locations. The role includes supporting end-users onsite, via phone and remotely. The IT Engineer will be reporting under the Regional Service Center – Asia (RSC-A) located in Singapore.
- Incidents and Service Requests
- Follow the Incident Management Process
- 1st line support (and possibly 2nd line support) for all internal users worldwide
- Log all relevant tickets (incidents and service requests) received via walk-in or phone call. Initially handle all incoming tickets received via the ticketing system
- Proper investigation and resolution of tickets
- Proper escalation of tickets that cannot be resolved on your end
- Committing to User Satisfaction
- Keep the user informed/updated of the incident progress
- Publish system notification when needed
- Create knowledge articles and other information for end users
- Assist local users in Singapore (Secom Office/Tuas Office/PSA Vista)
- Monitoring of infrastructure and business systems
- Asset Management
- Client Setup and Management
- Produce knowledge articles for internal IT use
- Participate in daily handover with the other RSC’s.
- Be part of the weekend and bank holiday support. Office hours varies between 0700-1530 and 0900-1730. Office hour may change when there’s a need to back-up other RSC’s.
- Attend to necessary training if necessary - both domestic and overseas
- Degree within the IT field; Fresh graduates are welcome with the right background (on-the-job training) and good attitude. Still, relevant work experience within IT support is an advantage.
- Customer focused
- Able to work in teams
- Flexible, responsible and dependable
- Positively contribute to the common environment
- Willing to travel
- Eager to learn new skills and obtain new knowledge