KONGSBERG IT is seeking a highly motivated
Head of IT Procurement
KONGSBERG IT is Kongsberg Gruppen ASA's global IT department. We are 250 colleagues worldwide. Our main tasks are maintenance, support and development of IT infrastructure and business applications. We are rooted and we live our core values: determined, innovative, reliable and collaborative.
The current head of IT Procurement will be transferring to a new position in KONGSBERG and we are therefore seeking a manager for IT Procurement in KONGSBERG IT.
IT Procurement is responsible for operational and strategic procurement as well as Software Asset Management (SAM) across KONGSBERG with the aim of ensuring savings, preparing and managing IT contracts, running sourcing processes / strategies, supplier vendor management and finding cost-saving measures. This position is part of the IT leadership team and reports to the CIO.
We are looking for a systematic, responsible and analytical person with good interpersonal skills, with experience and enthusiasm to develop IT procurement in KONGSBERG further.
- Strategy, development and management of the purchasing organization consisting of resources located in Kongsberg, Horten, Ålesund and Krakow, Poland
- Professionally responsible for IT procurement and SAM in KONGSBERG IT, establish sourcing strategies and participate as a resource in various purchasing forums within KONGSBERG
- Lead or assist in various negotiations, RFx processes and in the development and management of the largest IT suppliers
- Close collaboration with the rest of the IT organization and with the business in KONGSBERG to understand needs and priorities
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher relevant education. Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education.
- Former experience from managing procurement functions is preferred.
- Proven track record from purchasing or account management in large organizations.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Good knowledge of the IT industry and supplier market.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about software life cycle
- Experience of, and the desire to lead a department spread across many regions.
- Commercial talent with great track record in major negotiations (tactics, strategy and contract preparation).
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in Norwegian and English.
What can we offer?
Exciting opportunity with the change to develop in a highly international environment with great ambitions.
A good social and academic environment.
Competitive wages, pension and insurance plans.
Travelling must be expected
The position requires Norwegian security clearance