HAZID, FMEA and Systems Safety responsible
To strengthen our team and to meet the growth in the market we are now looking for a new team member to perform, FMEA and HAZID analysis (System Safety Engineer) in Kongsberg Maritime. In this position, you will be a part of the Regulatory and Integrity section which belongs to Solution Design. The projects in the team include the entire Kongsberg range within system integration. You will be working in close collaboration with ship- and systems designers for vessel specifications and system evaluations and participate from the initial stage of the project until delivery to customer.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Responsible for the delivery of technical documentation in compliance with project plans and procedures
- Plan and perform verification activities through project execution e.g. FMEA, HAZID
- HAZID analyses, including risk assessment for autonomous and remote operated vessels.
- HAZID analyses for alternative fuels and fuel cell installations.
- Responsibility to coordinate stakeholders, lead workshops and complete safety and HAZID reports.
- Support KM product and solution centres with product safety analyses.
- Establish Safety philosophies for energy storage installations.
As part of the team, you will be involved in challenging projects where you will use state of the art risk assessment tools and technics to get approval from class and authorities of new technologies and/or applications. All in line with our strategy for sustainable thinking.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant education from college or university. Students who finish their bachelor/master's degree this semester are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of methods for performance of risk assessments and hazard identification and operability analyses (HAZID/HAZOP) are required.
- Knowledge of regulations by marine class societies and national authorities, including IMO and NMA, is an advantage but not a condition.
- Good English written and oral skills are required, and Norwegian oral skills are an advantage.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results.
- Build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve set goals.
- Analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments.
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Learn and develop tools and metrologies within system analysis.
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to realize sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Bergen, Ålesund / Hjørungavåg, Sandefjord, Kongsberg or other Kongsberg Maritime sites upon agreement
Point of contact:
Claudia Hessen, +4797609159
Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis
Integration & Energy division is responsible for delivering Kongsberg Maritime's integrated projects, portfolio of Energy and Remote & Autonomous solutions, developing new business concepts and taking solution ownership across Kongsberg Maritime.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We are determined in our work to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet