Hardware Project Engineer
Are you someone who thrives in a diverse work environment, enjoys tackling technical puzzles, and values a supportive workplace culture? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We're looking for a Hardware Project Engineer to join our team at Kongsberg Maritime. In this role, you'll be part of our Integration team, working on delivering comprehensive solutions to the maritime industry. Your main responsibilities will include hardware engineering, ordering, installation, and documentation for department delivery projects.
Our projects involve upgrading and replacing KM and other manufacturers' Integrated Automation & Control Systems on vessels worldwide. It's a fast-paced environment with plenty of technical challenges to overcome. We need engineers who are determined and quick problem-solvers, as project timelines are tight.
We welcome applications from both experienced professionals and newly graduates, as we value a diverse range of perspectives and skills. We provide training, courses, and mentoring to help you grow professionally.
- Hardware engineering for Kongsberg Maritime products.
- Ensure Hardware delivery in Projects
- Make technical solutions for customers worldwide
- Be a part of international and highly skilled team
- Travel wordwide for installation and commissioning
Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical education, “Y-veien” or equivalent. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education.
- Advantage with practical experience and knowledge of marine equipment and control systems
- Advantage with familiarity with AutoCad, ProArc, ERP, and CRM systems is a plus.
- Fluent in written and oral English and Norwegian.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgements
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
If you're ready to take on challenging projects and work with a supportive team, we want to hear from you!
What We Offer:
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
Kongsberg, Horten or Sandefjord
Point of contact
Kristian Gran, +47 90082653
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence, and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication