Hardware Project Engineer – Offshore, LNG & Leased PU (KM 19-141)
Global Customer Support division is responsible for all Kongsberg Maritime’s services and support in the aftermarket. The department delivers “Full Picture” solutions for all types of offshore vessels which includes the entire Kongsberg Maritime production portfolio. Our projects are based on upgrading / replacement of KM and others makers, Integrated Automation & Control Systems, on board offshore & cruise vessels, worldwide. Such types of projects are exciting and hectic with many unforeseen technical challenges, which need to be handled during the process. The available time we have in projects, are limited and require engineers with determination and ability to solve difficult tasks, in a short time. Our technical solutions have success in the market; the goal is to maintain and strengthen this position in the future. We are, based on this, looking for a Hardware Project Engineer, with applicable competence, to strengthen our team.
- Practical experience and knowledge of marine equipment and control systems is preferred.
- Education: Higher technical (Relevant experience may compensate for some of the education).
- Experience: 4-5 years working experience in technical or administrative sector.
- Personal characteristics: Self-Driven, ability to multitask, diplomatic, Solution –Oriented, Representing the Kongsberg values.
- Focus on the customer’s needs and expectations
- Language skills - verbally and written: Fluent Norwegian and English
- Good human relationship and internal network.
- Travelling as required.
- Analyse, engineer and plan installation of solutions based on old marine electrical and mechanical documentation.
- Mechanical completion, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
- Rules and regulations towards electrical installations in the marine industry.
- Automation, DP and Navigation
- KM product portfolio Automation, Navigation and DP, sensors and reference systems
We can offer:
- An international, dynamic and creative working environment
- High technical skilled colleagues
- Collaboration with various departments, in-house, vendors, sub-contractors and customer
- Personal development opportunities, both in-house/external
- Both technical and personal challenges