Hardware Electronics Developer
We seek a developer of electronics with a passion for analogue circuit design to join our team going forward towards a more sustainable and green maritime future.
Our department is located at Grilstad, Trondheim, where we design and develop state-of-the-art applications and cloud solutions for the maritime industry and high-end sensor systems for demanding environments. We have an experienced team within hardware and software development, engineering, analysis and mechanical construction. In this position you will develop critical electronics for new and existing sensors and sensor systems. Most of our products are installed in hazardous areas, and the electronics therefore need to be Ex certified.
Main tasks and responsibilities
You will become part of a dedicated team of R&D engineers developing and maintaining world-class sensor products for a broad range of maritime applications. Your main tasks and responsibilities will be to participate in development of electronics for new products and maintenance of the current product portfolio. Your work will include specification, design, prototyping and testing. In addition, you will participate in qualification of the products in collaboration with external Notified Bodies for Ex and EMC certification.
Education and skills
- Excellent skills and a passion for analogue circuit design
- Relevant technical university degree, e.g. – in electronics, cybernetics or similar
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in design, implementation and testing of electronic hardware modules
- Knowledge of or interest in designing electronics for Ex equipment, particularly Ex ´i´
- Knowledge of or interest in design, implementation and testing for EMC
- Relevant experience may compensate a formal degree
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
- Experience in the use of Cadence OrCAD ECAD tools, including PCB layout
- Experience in the prototyping of electronic hardware modules
- Knowledge of RF and microwave circuit design
- Knowledge of Ex and EMC certification processes
- You are a dedicated trouble-shooter
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills
- You are always looking to increase your knowledge and experience in electronics
- You are analytical and structured
What we can offer
- You will be an important contributor to state-of-the-art technology and products
- High degree of flexibility and responsibility
- Highly qualified colleagues who are willing to share their knowledge and experience
- Opportunities in a well-known international company
- Competitive conditions, pension and insurance schemes
Information about our products in Sensing Solution at Grilstad
Tank management products: https://www.kongsberg.com/no/maritime/products/tank-gauging-and-measurment-systems/
Condition monitoring and machinery products: https://www.kongsberg.com/maritime/products/engines-engine-room-and-automation-systems/condition-monitoring/
Point of contact
Britt-Marion Føleide, +47 97977911
You will become a part of the Sensors and Robotics Division in Kongsberg Maritime who delivers instrumentation, advanced sensors, communication solutions, unmanned underwater and surface vehicles to international markets on- and offshore, merchant marine, subsea, navy, coastal marine and aquaculture.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication