Advanced technology for sustainable oceans
Group Manager - Test Systems
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Group Manager - Test Systems, in our central Industrialization Department. In this role, you will be part of the multidisciplinary team developing manufacturing processes and test systems for our Manufacturing departments, for new and existing products. You will be group manager for test development engineers, and responsible for our manufacturing test systems and test data management.
We are now looking for a motivated and skilled engineer to manage the development of today’s and future test systems, and to be hands-on test development engineering. Our main systems are automated test systems for underwater acoustics and electronics, and test data management systems for all manufacturing test/quality/IoT data.
- Technical responsibility and people management
- Strategic plan for test systems and test data management
- Manage test systems development, implementation, improvement and maintenance
- Test development within one or more main systems: acoustics, electronics or test data management
- Take part in product development projects with focus on ‘Design for Test’ and new functionalities
- Support Manufacturing and Technology departments
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor, Master or equivalent within relevant technical area (software, electronics, cybernetics, physics, acoustics, system engineering)
- Management experience - discipline, people management, project management
- Experience with test systems and test data management
- Experience within product development and manufacturing
- Software programming – LabVIEW, TestStand, MATLAB, Python
- Cloud technology – IoT, databases, data lakes, database administration, machine learning, digital twin
- Robotics and automation
We do not expect that you master all the items on the list above, but we hope that you are eager to learn more about these topics and technologies.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- provide your team with a clear direction, inspire and coordinate others and keep them focused on set goals
- develop people through delegation, empowerment, coaching and promote self development
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Svein-Erik Rogneflåten, +47 992 03 890
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication