Global Category Manager – Hydraulics & Integrators, Kongsberg Maritime
Procurement within Kongsberg Maritime is truly international. Working together in global teams, we develop strategies and deliver cost-competitive supply chain solutions across all of our business sectors. Along with eliminating waste and developing breakthrough technologies, we also manage and reduce costs throughout the product lifecycle and serve as internal category experts providing category analysis, cost characteristics, and innovation development knowledge to our product development and operational teams within the Kongsberg Maritime business.
An interesting and challenging opportunity has arisen for a Global Category Manager (GCM) in the Global Supply Chain direct category management team to report to the VP Direct Procurement. You will lead the Hydraulics & Integrators Global Category with engagement and support of key stakeholders, to develop and execute global strategies that drive mid & long-term improvements in Quality, Cost and Delivery performance and provide competitive advantage to Kongsberg Maritime, its customers and suppliers. You will be responsible for all aspects of strategic sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management and be part of the senior procurement team. The GCM role is a highly exposed role, frequently reporting to and working with the Senior Leadership within Kongsberg Maritime.
Hydraulics category comprises wide range of products with Power Packs, Valves, Pumps, Hydraulic Cylinders, Filters and Coolers accounting for 80% of spend. Hydraulics is considered to be mature technology with well-established industry standards. Most of products are considered mission critical in marine business and are subjected to classification society approvals. Several different approaches are in place ranging from full outsourcing to in house production, resulting in variety of approaches towards supply chain.
Integrators category covers providers of kitting solution for our production & services needs and range of C-class components including gaskets, O-rings, fasteners, hoses and simple machined components. Most of articles are catalogue items based on common standards and as well parts supplied against internal technical specification. Supply chain is mainly located close to product centres with ability to work according to Kanban and VMI solutions.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To develop and lead the implementation of a wide category strategy focused on Maritime range products and components.
- To support closely the products team and deliver an agile, cost effective and high performing supply chain.
- Responsible for effective senior management of supplier(s) within the designated external buy supply chain.
- Management of Strategic Buyers to deliver all the agreed category and business Key Performance Indicators.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining supplier contract coverage, including leading supplier negotiations to agree terms and conditions and cost and innovation initiatives.
- Accountable for suppliers cost performance and for ongoing challenges to the established supply chain footprint.
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating category sourcing risks to ensure minimum supply chain disruption.
- Responsible for ensuring the category specific supply chain, and those executing the procurement, are compliant to the Kongsberg Supplier Conduct Principles.
Key experiences and qualifications:
- Solid commercial and business acumen.
- Ability to build and deploy business strategies and work across international boundaries.
- Strong, proven, negotiation skills and experience in cross-functional team working.
- Willingness to travel regionally and internationally.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Business Administration/Engineering/Commercial/Management Degree.
- Experience within supply chain environment.
Work location*: Norway, Finland, Sweden or Poland
*Product, production and development centre and shared service centre.
For more information, please contact: Jakub Gruszko
Please be aware that internal candidates only will be reviewed for this position.