Do you want to play a role in shaping the maritime future?
Global Capability & Business Development Manager
Global Customer Support – Deck Machinery and Motion Control (DMMC) offers an exciting opportunity for a determined Global Capability & Business Development Manager, who will shape and deliver our aftermarket strategy, enabling Kongsberg Maritime’s competitive edge. You will be responsible to ensure that we do our outmost for customer satisfaction, to secure profitable global growth and to improve collaboration across Kongsberg Maritime and with our customers and partners. In this role, you report to our Senior Vice President, DMMC Services.
With strong leadership skills and a customer mind-set, you are always on the look-out for improvement to the customer experience, market trends and commercial opportunities. You thrive from bringing ideas into life and enable teams across borders to deliver world class service to our customers. You are an inspirational and supportive leader, encouraging people and teams to be innovative and collaborative, which leads them to feel inspired, empowered, and ready for the future.
- Leading a high-performance team through operational leadership and team development
- Proactive seek and analyze new growth and efficiency opportunities, gather market intelligence, and ensure distribution of knowledge amongst relevant people
- Balance technical, product, and business goals, priorities and constraints, to achieve the highest impact for our customers, business, and teams.
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business cases to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Execute professional programme management to deliver on our strategic priorities, including reporting, key performance indicators and executive dashboards.
- Use data, analytics and customer feedback to enable visibility and maximizing the potential within and outside of our install base
- Continue development, expand and maintain our internal capabilities as well as strategic partnerships globally
- Create a diverse and innovative environment through transformational leadership
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor/master in relevant field. Experience can compensate for formal education.
- Experienced people manager with excellent motivational- and communication skills
- Strong business understanding with a customer-centric mindset
- Experience working in a global maritime/offshore industry
- High energy and ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight deadlines.
You are able to
- develop a high reaching, but realistic business vision and translate it into a workable strategy
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- develop people through delegation, empowerment, coaching and promote self-development
What we can offer
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Ålesund, Brattvåg, Hagavik, Hjørungavåg, Rauma, Dunfermline, Gateshead
Some travel will be required.
Point of contact
Jan Terje Aakre, +47 97167046
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication