Kongsberg Digital (KDI) is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas, andrenewables & utilities. The company consists of more than 500 software experts with leading competence within internet of things,smart data, artificial intelligence, automation and autonomous operations. In addition, Kongsberg Digital is the group-wide center of digital expertise for KONGSBERG.
We seek to strengthen our product development team in Bangalore with talented engineers.
Why work for Kongsberg Digital?
When you join Kongsberg Digital, you become part of a company with long traditions for cutting-edge research and product
development. You will join a team of world-class developers where you will be encouraged to develop and further your career. Your
work will contribute to creating safer, more resource-efficient and greener industries for the future, solving the UN sustainability goals
through technology, and shaping our organization and industry in the process. Our people make a difference.
Located in Bangalore, India, the Kongsberg Digital is a modern workplace. Our Projects and Services Department involves
development in entire stack from Front end to IOT, and we have partners in Asia, Europe and America. Our current product portfolio
consists of maritime, oil & gas, renewables & utilities, ocean farming and many more. We strive to live up to our goal of quality
deliverables, and we seek you that can contribute to this.
What are we looking for?
- 4-8 years of architecture and design experience on complex application.
- 4+ years working in distributed agile development teams in product/project development working with international team and
- Certification on Azure, Architecture or Technology is a definite plus.
Technical Skills & Expertise
- Nice to have hands-on / academic experience with Vue.js/React, 2D and 3D graphic rendering using WebGL, D3.js or any data
- Must have Hands-on experience building responsive, cross browser web applications using HTML, CSS, Angular Material.
- Nice to have hands-on / academic experience working with SVG and Canvas.
- Must have good understanding on the concepts and application of unit tests in development. Further hands-on experience using
Jasmine, Karma with Angular.
- Must have strong experience in applying software design principles.
- Must have a technical mind set with great attention to detail. Demonstrates qualities of “Practitioner”.
- Nice to have experience with Cloud (Azure), DevOps, CI/CD and Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
Interpersonal & Digital Fluency
- Passion for technology, challenges and quality with a dynamic, forward leaning and proactive personality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to drive meaningful value to collaboration with a strong belief in team and delivering together.
- Strong commitment to ownership, responsibilities and cause of business and team
- Ability to be creative and innovative on technology/non-technology areas is desirable.
- Excellent responsiveness with good reporting and presentation skills with verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to inspire, motivate the team and be assertive and congenial in the right mix is necessary.
- Active experience in usage of modern team collaboration tools like Slack, MS Teams, etc. is necessary.
- Ability to write quality wikis/articles/blogs for internal and external use. A respectable presence in technology, architecture
communities, conference and online communities is desirable.
What you will be responsible for?
Technology & Delivery
- Deliver strong, scalable architecture in line with the product vision, timelines and quality standard.
- Deliver key research (MVP, POC) with an efficient turn-around time to help make strong product decisions.
- Take responsibility of the product cloud platform from development to deployment. Ensure operational aspects of the cloud
platform with minimal down time to support continuous operations for the customers.
- Demonstrate clear ability to participate with product stakeholders on requirements brainstorming and recommend potential
- Work with the team identify and prioritize work as per delivery timelines by translating requirements and ideas to tangible work
- Demonstrate key understanding and expertise on modern technologies, architecture and design. Mentor the team to deliver
modular, scalable and high performance code.
- Monitor and review work progress with the team, report any key deviations/risks.
- Continuously update and learn new technology trend building key expertise in the team.
What do we offer?
- Excellent work environment to foster and support innovation and technical excellence.
- Awesome working environment with Best-In-Class collaboration and innovation opportunities.
- Perfect place to grow and stay ahead of the curve
- An interesting position within a dynamic and innovative company Great corporate culture within Kongsberg
- Opportunity to be a part of a brilliant team with people who care and want to make a difference
- Possibility to travel
- Career opportunities and personal development
- An exciting journey where we explore, collaborate and achieve goals together