What do we do at Kognitwin Grid?
Kongsberg Digital’s solutions for the energy sector enables our customers to optimize and manage their operations. From design to end-of-life of their assets, we help increase safety, reduce costs and save time on land, under water and offshore.
As the energy system is facing an influx of intermittent, distributed and renewable energy and a sharp increase in electrification, we are developing the tool that our power grid operators enable and accelerate the energy transition. A digital twin service providing insight and forecasts to identify grid bottleneck, simulate grid scenarios and optimize grid investments. Kongsberg Digital develops Kognitwin Grid in close collaboration with the industry and research partners giving you complete insight to your grid. As an integral part of our growing global development team, you will work closely to build next gen web applications on our Kognitwin platform and enable untapped value streams for our customers in the electrification and grid domain.
Further, you will:
- Engage in fast-paced agile application development teams in terms of organizing, managing and executing your work with minimal supervision.
- Participate with the team and stakeholders on requirements understanding, design and solutions in line with the product architecture.
- Develop highly responsive, interactive, user-friendly, scalable UI applications. Build and maintain high performing, high quality code base with end-to-end responsibility from development to technical QA (unit tests) by applying technology and best practices.
- Be able to recommend appropriate User Interface Frameworks and Controls to design and develop web applications for a given set of requirements. Enable technical feasibility of UI / UX designs. Contribute to interface agreements, solution design and test & release strategy.
- Implement engineering excellence by engaging in regular code reviews, continuous integration, high code coverage and on-going code refactoring. Provide necessary technical documentation to enable visibility and maintainability of designs and code.
- Play an integral role in acquiring and learning technology trends, expertise, and best practices to keep the team’s collective knowledge up to date.
To be a good fit for this position, you have:
- Masters/Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering from a reputed university with an excellent academic record.
- Any relevant certifications on technology from reputed sources is a plus.
- Work Experience
- 7-10 years of relevant industry experience. Experience working in Power / Electrical / Grid domain is a definite plus.
- 4+ years of experience working in distributed agile developments. Experience working in international teams is relevant.
- Extensive hands-on experience building responsive, cross browser web applications using HTML5, CSS3, Angular Material. High proficiency with CSS pre-processors such as LESS/SASS/SCSS and ability to integrate this with modern development practices.
- Strong hands-on experience with client-side design and architecture. Hands-on / academic experience with User Interface best practices and design patterns.
- Strong hands-on experience with building unified and reusable User Interface components and libraries.
- Strong hands-on experience with web performance and web accessibility with proven expertise in troubleshooting, investigating and solving user interface performance.
- Good understanding on the concepts and application of unit tests in development. Further hands-on / academic experience using Jasmine, Karma with Angular is a plus.
- Good expertise using Git for version control, release and branching strategies.
- It is an advantage if you have hands-on / academic experience working with C#.Net / Python, DevOps, CI/CD and Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
Interpersonal & Digital Fluency
- Passion for technology, challenges and quality with a dynamic, forward leaning and proactive personality.
- Ability/willingness to take end-to-end responsibility of work with an attitude that “Nothing is too Big or too Small” to make a valuable contribution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to participate actively in team activities.
- Strongly belief in commitment to ownership and cause of business and team by aligning with the leadership and management.
- Enthusiasm to be curious and learn technology / domain expertise on demand to help increase the collective knowledge in the team.
- Strong belief in earning reputation and respect through consistence demonstration of work, skills and attitude.
We Value You
At Kongsberg Digital we have a lot to offer. An exciting career and the possibility to develop yourself working with other highly competent peers. Challenging opportunities with possibilities of career development in an environment that is flexible and fosters technical excellence. We offer top in the Industry benefits and competitive compensation and stand for diversity and inclusion.
If this excites you, reach out to us today through the LinkedIn job post