Front End System Architect
What do we do at Maritime Simulation and K-Sim Connect?
Kongsberg Digital provides advanced simulation systems for maritime education, training and studies. Our wide range of simulators enables customers to provide efficient and realistic training of students and crew in order to build vital skills that promotes safety, cost-efficiency and sustainability in operations at sea.
K-Sim Connect is the cloud-based eco-system for maritime education and training.
Who shall apply?
- Masters/Bachelor Degree in Engineering from a reputed university with an excellent academic record.
- 12-15 years of relevant industry experience with at least 5+ years of architecture and design experience on complex front-end systems.
- 5+ years working in distributed agile development teams in product/project development working with international team and stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
Technical Skills & Expertise
- Strong expertise in Object Oriented Design and Development using Typescript.
- Hands on experience with server side technologies C#.Net, .Net Core, Web API.
- Strong expertise in algorithms, data structures and asynchronous systems is desirable.
- Deep expertise in building highly responsive, intuitive and high performance web applications for complex engineering domain.
- Architecture & Design: MVC, View Model Separation, SOLID and ability to adapt to modern architecture/design practices is necessary. Key hands on experience with Component, Message driven architecture is must.
- Version control: Expertise using Git for version control, release and branching strategies.
- Testing: Unit tests using Jasmine, Karma is must. Experience with Test Automation is a plus.
Interpersonal & Digital Fluency
- Passion for technology, challenges and quality with a dynamic, forward leaning and proactive personality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to drive meaningful value to collaboration with a strong belief in team and delivering together.
- Strong commitment to ownership, responsibilities and cause of business and team by aligning with leadership and management.
What you will be responsible for?
- Deliver strong, scalable architecture, code in line with the product vision, timelines and quality standard.
- Deliver key research (MVP, POC) with an efficient turn-around time to help make strong product decisions.
- Deliver highly responsive, intuitive and high performance web applications for a complex engineering domain.
- Demonstrate key understanding and expertise on modern technologies, architecture and design. Mentor the team to deliver modular, scalable and high performance code.
- Be a change agent on key innovation and research to keep the product, team at the cutting edge of technical and product innovation.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to drive discussions to decisions.
- Mentor the team to deliver high quality and stay informed on latest technologies and trends in the industry.