Always had a dream of travelling and working worldwide? Then we got the perfect opportunity for you!
Field Service Engineers
To further strengthen our team, we are looking for Field Service Engineers to join us at Kongsberg Maritime here in Trondheim. As a Field Service Engineer, you will have responsibility for installation, service, and maintenance of KONGSBERG’s K-Gauge Tank Level Gauging Systems on sailing ships/vessels and shipyards, as well as offer in-house technical support and remote service to customers and colleagues around the world. Our key offering is the fiscal K-Gauge Custody Transfer System, which is a critical system in LNG and LPG carrier operations.
You will join a committed, knowledgeable, and positive team that supports each other extensively. We are having fun at work, while providing world-class support. If you have the right qualifications, identifies yourself with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative and reliable, and at the same time is highly motivated for worldwide support activities, then you are the person we are looking for.
- Installation & commissioning of K-Gauge tank level monitoring systems
- Service & maintenance of K-Gauge systems onboard vessels all around the world
- Technical support and on-call/remote service
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent in one or more of the following: electronics, instrumentation, automation or telecommunication. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of education
- Field experience from maritime, shipping and/or offshore oil & gas installations is an advantage
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Norwegian/Scandinavian
- Highly motivated for worldwide support activities (travelling is required)
You are able to
- keep the customer in focus
- contribute to a good and positive working environment
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead and define clear priorities
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others and share knowledge, experience and information
What we can offer
We offer an excellent opportunity to be a part of the KONGSBERG family. With us, you will get competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in a well renowned international environment. We have flexible working hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. With KONGSBERG, you will have an inspiring and safe work environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Trondheim, with worldwide travels. We are located at the Kongsberg building at Grilstad Marina.
Point of contact
Roar Støen, Department Manager, +47 922 46 032
For over 200 years, KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defense, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication