Field Service Engineer
Kongsberg Discovery, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Horten, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities internationally. Kongsberg Discovery is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, and navigation. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation both on and under the sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fully subsidized health & welfare benefits for employee (discounted costs for family members) with an option of a high deductible plan that includes an annual employer contribution towards your health savings account ($1500 for family, $750 for employee only, and prorated depending on date of hire)
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
There has never been a more exciting time to work for Kongsberg Discovery than right now. With us, you will be in the forefront of enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the role as Field Service Engineer.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of Kongsberg Discovery systems, specifically for Simrad. Phone, email, and site support to be conducted for vessels of all types with a focus in the Gulf of Mexico and up the east coast in the sport fish market.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support to customers and internal staff by telephone, email, and site visits.
- Perform the installation, commissioning, and upgrades of Kongsberg Discovery products.
- Document upgrades and changes made to customer equipment following service and installation visits.
- Update and maintain service database.
- Promote improvements, upgrades, and after sales opportunities to customers.
- Train customers on the operation of newly installed systems.
- Work with engineering on product improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent education in an Engineering and/or Technical Discipline and/or minimum of three years of Field Service experience in the Marine Industry.
- Position requires extensive domestic and international travel and work aboard offshore vessels.
- Valid passport and driving license.
- US citizen and authorized to work lawfully in the US without company sponsorship.
- Travel must be expected. Availability to travel with short notice, after hours, holidays/weekend, for long periods both locally and internationally.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including computer literacy.
- Able to handle several activities simultaneously.
- Able to work alone and in a team.
- Good customer support and people skills.
- Able to travel, often at short notice.
- Can troubleshoot systems to board level.
Pay Range: $36.00 – $38.00/hr. DOE (eligible for overtime)
Work Location: Remote (Prefer between Florida and North Carolina)
KONGSBERG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.