Drilling Digital Engineer
Kongsberg Digital is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within the maritime, oil & gas and renewables & utilities sector.
We are hiring Field Service Engineer for its Digital Wells division. You will work closely with our software development team, project managers, technical advisors, partners, and customers to deliver best-in class solutions for Real Time Drilling operations in multiple locations across the world. Our solutions are provided to our customers as SaaS solutions as part of Kongsberg Digital’s cloud services, and on-premise solutions (office and at land/offshore rigs).
Some of the main responsibilities of a Field Service Engineer are:
- deploy and configure our software solutions for customers,occasionally travel to customer locations to provide our services
- give training courses
- provide consultancy services
- act as an interface between Kongsberg Digital and the customer
• Bachelor’s degree in any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) discipline
• Knowledge and experience related to IT, network configuration and/or cloud systems.
• Knowledge and experience of drilling processes, drilling data and drilling operations.
• IT certifications, preferably Windows Server system administration, MS Azure Cloud, network technologies.
• Proven technical support experience is an advantage.
• Offshore safety certificates- is an advantage.
• Understanding of software development methodologies- is an advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal English (Level C1)
• Self-motivated - willingness and ability to learn concepts related to drilling and IT quickly.
• Quality minded - passion for delivering cutting-edge products and solutions.
• Customer oriented - focused on providing excellent service.
• Desire to travel - working with people in different countries and from different cultures.
• Pro-active and independent – takes ownership of tasks, looks for ways to improve.
Our employees are happy at work and stay with us for many years because we offer:
- a great working atmosphere
- scandinavian work culture - we address each other as "You" regardless of our position and we do not have a dress code
- stable employment based on an employment contract
- private medical care with an additional option for family members
- life insurance
- employee referral programme
- holiday benefits/subsidies
- subsidised lunches and fruit snacks
- flexible working hours
- benefit platform
- comfortable, modern office with available chillout room
- company telephone and computer for private use
- attention to work-life balance
- purchase of Kongsberg Gruppen shares with a 25% discount
- opportunity to improve qualifications and professional development (training package, subsidized education, online courses in English, German and Norwegian, also for family members)
- support for our employees in developing their passions and interests outside work
- occasional gifts for our employees
- full set of tools to work
- relocation package
- birth and wedding bonus