Field Service Engineer
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Highly subsidized health & welfare benefits with an option of a zero-dollar high deductible plan which includes an employer contribution towards your health savings account
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Field Service Engineer, reporting to Regional Manager Propulsion & Engines – North America. In this role, you will primarily work with various Kongsberg propulsion/engine mechanical/hydraulic services, commissioning and upgrades related to the product portfolio. The position requires availability to travel (domestic and international) to attend service and training in planned or short notice demands including weekends and holidays, whenever required.
- Technical /Functional knowledge
- Problem solving
- Organization expertise / Cross boundary working
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent education in an Engineering and/or Technical Discipline and/or minimum of ﬁve years of Propulsion Field Service Experience in the Marine Industry
- Strong verbal communication and written reporting skills in English language
- Microsoft 365 package user level
- Valid Passport
- Authorized to work lawfully in the US without company sponsorship
- Availability to travel with short notice, after hours, holidays/weekend, for long periods both locally and internationally
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve made it a top priority to keep our employees safe from COVID-19. Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards, Kongsberg Maritime has adopted a policy to safeguard the health and well-being of employees and their families, our customers and visitors, others who spend time in our facilities, customer installations, and the community from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that Kongsberg Maritime Inc.(or KUTL) requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated. All job offers will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
You are able to:
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Make an impact, convince, and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- Communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
- Team building skills
- Assist in workshop projects as required