Field Service Engineer (Merchant) (KMSGP Nov 2019)
KONGSBERG, an international technology corporation that delivers advance and reliable solutions that improve safety, security and performance in complex operations, and during extreme conditions. KONGSBERG works with demanding customers in the global defence, maritime, oil and gas and aerospace industries.
Kongsberg Maritime, a wholly owned subsidiary of KONGSBERG. We deliver systems for dynamic positioning and navigation, marine automation and more to offshore and shipyard industries. We are committed to meeting our customers' expectation with innovative and reliable solutions to their merchant marine, offshore, subsea, and oil & gas needs.
As we continue to grow and expand, we are searching for several qualified candidates to further strengthen and develop our global team. Come join our team of extra-ordinary professionals who are committed to provide work excellence. We can offer an exciting career in an international and creative environment.
- Focus on customer support, commissioning and service on assigned Kongsberg Maritime Merchant & Automation product range
- Cover service activities in South-East Asia and maintain good relationship with existing clients
- Workshop test and technical preparations
- Proper preparation and execution of work assigned and ensure performance are met at all times
- Responsible for generation of service reports, update drawings, cable information database and other relevant documents
- Provides remote guidance / product support to customers and backend support to the service team
- Assist our sales department with technical issues
- Handling pre and post administrative work
- Ad-hoc duties which may be assigned from time to time
- Diploma or Degree in Electronics / Instrumentation / Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant working experience in maritime industry
- Meticulous & methodical approach to remote case handling
- Self-driven attitude to find solutions to problems
- Service minded with passion and patience for handling customers
- Good customer etiquette
- Proficient in basic MS office applications
- Must have excellent co-operative skills, good communication skills, result-oriented and self motivated
- Ability to work independently
- Able to travel on short notice
The position reports to Service Manager (Singapore).
Job type : Permanent / Full-time
Working hours : Mon to Fri: 0900 hrs to 1730 hrsWorking days : 5 days Location of work place : 81 Toh Guan Road East, #04-01 Secom Centre, Singapore 608606
If you are up to the challenge, send us your CV, tell us how you can make a difference, and we will be in touch soon. Working location will be in Singapore.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.