Join our World Class team as a Field Service Engineer!
Field Service Engineer (m / f / x)
Due to Dutch and EU rules and regulations this position is vacant for EU citizens only
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
Kongsberg Maritime Netherlands, is a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime with an office with 70 employees based in Spijkenisse, The Netherland providing Sales, Aftermarket Sales and Customer Support to our customers.
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in The Netherlands as Field Service Engineer, reporting to the GCS Int ops Operations Manager – Service Delivery NL/DE/FR. In this role, you will be a part of the Service Delivery team delivering maintenance, installation, commissioning, refit and retrofit of Kongsberg Autochief and Datachief Systems to our customers’ vessels. You will perform services and maintenance on sailing ships with our equipment, as well as in-house technical support to our customers. If you have technical qualifications in electro, automation or electronics then you have the competence we seek. If you also identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative, reliable and consider yourself highly motivated for worldwide support activities, then you are definitely the candidate we are looking for.
Students who finish their education this semester are encouraged to apply.
- Maintenance, repair and troubleshooting incl. refit/retrofit
- Technical on-call service and assistance local and worldwide
- Technical support by phone and email from the office in Spijkenisse
- Documentation and reporting
Qualifications and experience
- MBO/HBO (Bachelor) Electrical Engineering / Electrical Installation Technology / Measurement and Control technology
- General good knowledge of computer systems
- Competence with control systems/automation
- Proficient written and oral skills in English (Dutch language considered an asset)
- Ability to deal with several activities simultaneously in a hectic environment
- Ready and motivated for world-wide support activities
- Knowledge of and experience with Kongsberg Maritime products is an advantage
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment in a World Class team and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
***Acquistion by employment agencies is not appreciated***