Field Service Engineer (KM 20-012)
GLOBAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT, TRONDHEIM
Kongsberg Maritime Trondheim delivers Sensing Solutions for Machinery and Tank Level Gauging applications. Our main customers are Oil & Gas operators, ship owners, shipyards, engine makers and engineering companies around the world. One of our key offering is the fiscal K-Gauge CTS (Custody Transfer System), which is used to calculate traded volume of gas to and from LNG carriers.
Due to increased workload and further strengthening of our team, we are now looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our Global Customer Support (GCS) department at Grilstad, Trondheim. GCS are responsible for service and commissioning of KM Trondheim systems on board ships and provides 24/7 technical support towards our global customers.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Installation & commissioning of Tank Level Gauging systems, typically in the world’s biggest shipyards
- Service & maintenance of Kongsberg systems onboard vessels
- Technical support and on-call/remote service
Education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in at least one of the following: electronics, instrumentation, automation or telecommunication. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of education
- Highly motivated for worldwide support activities
- Problem solving approach to tasks
- Structured and accurate with an eye for details
- Customer focused and positive attitude
- Good communication, cooperative and language skills (Fluent in English and Norwegian/Scandinavian is mandatory)
- Field experience from maritime, shipping and/or offshore oil & gas installations is an advantage
We can offer
- The opportunity to see the world and work with world-class technology products
- A very good, stable and dynamic working environment
- Career opportunities in a well-known international company
- Competitive conditions
Working place is Trondheim, with substantial word wide travel. We are located at the new Kongsberg building at Grilstad Marina.