Field Service Engineer – Steering Gear and Rudder
We are now looking for a Field Service Engineer to support our FSE Steering Gear and Rudder team. In this role, you’re going to work out in the field to support our customers worldwide. As a Field Service Engineer, you will carry out service assignments, overhauls, maintenance, commissionings, troubleshooting and upgrades. With your high customer awareness and strong ability to translate customer needs, you will be an important contributor to our projects in changing and exciting environments. In addition, you will be part of a professional team and a good working environment.
Do you have a mechanical, hydraulic and/or electro background, motivated for worldwide support activities and consider yourself as self-driven and solution oriented? Then you might be the candidate we are looking for.
- Service assignments, overhauls, maintenance, commissionings, troubleshooting, and upgrades worldwide of Steering Gears and Rudders
- Collaboration with customers, and supporting engineers
- Following the company’s QA and HSE regulations
- Continuous work to improve and optimize our products and services
After a training period, our Field Service Engineers are working under a “4 weeks on - 4 weeks off” agreement.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant technical education and/or experience within mechanics, hydraulics, and electro
- Practical experience from service is an advantage
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Ability to travel worldwide on a regular basis
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results.
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan, and define clear priorities
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Enis Maksumic, Field Service Manager, +47 91821390
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication