Field Service Engineer / Propulsion & Engines – Deck Machinery & Motion Control
Kongsberg Maritime Hellas SA is currently looking for a high-performing person for Field Service Engineer/Propulsion & Engines position.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology corporation delivering mission-critical solutions with extreme performance for customers that operate under extremely challenging conditions.
The group has fulfilled demanding customers’ needs and adapted to changing market conditions throughout its proud 200-year-old history. The Group is structured in 3 divisions: Kongsberg Maritime, Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace & Kongsberg Digital
Kongsberg Maritime is a market leader in systems for Automation, Propulsion and Engines, Deck Machinery & Motion Control, Tank Gauging, Dynamic Positioning, Navigation, Sensors and Robotics etc.
With more than 150 years of experience, Kongsberg Maritime has equipment installed on more than 30,000 vessels worldwide & employees more than 7,300 people worldwide in 117 offices located in 34 different countries
Overall Tasks & responsibilities
- Undertake routine on-site repair plan maintenances, damages, warranties and service operations within a defined work scope on a range of products
- Dismantle, inspect and evaluate equipment and their need for repair / machining / replacement and assemble of new spare parts, based on product requirements, technical data and check list guidelines, ensuring the proper functionality of the system
- Conduct inspections to define standards to ensure conformance to specification / tolerances / checks to avoid not conformity
- Ability to adopt a systematic approach towards identifying and then solving a problem or issue by gathering maximum information to define the actual problem and provide the best possible solution by generating and evaluating all possible solutions.
- Maintain all necessary technical documentation
- Ensure that all work is done in accordance with applicable legal and Company procedures, including Health & Safety policies
- Report progress and issues to the Service Delivery Manager
- Direct and lead a team of shipyard responsible personnel and ship’s crew if required, on service operations work where necessary
- Knowledge share and support the on-the-job development of Service Technicians where appropriate
- Other general tasks within the service team
- The position require service travelling Local, in Europe & Mediterranean Sea and sometimes outside area.
- The company will provide a training period with on job training, as well as class training courses, in order to gain required knowledge / experience and to be certified, in accordance with company’s standards.
Accountabilities & Measurements
- The Service Engineer is a member of the Service Delivery Team
- Independently carry out on-site repair and service operations on a range of products, however technical support from the product centers, is available when required
- Hold responsibility for ensuring that specific maintenance work scope is professionally administered on a day-to-day basis through on-site liaison with the customer, whilst maintaining all relevant technical documentation.
- Full compliance with the internal processes and code of conduct
Skills and Requirements
- Technical understanding of the product
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Understanding of mechanical & hydraulic drawings
- Hands on experience, repair / overhaul of ships equipment
- Experience in the wider Shipping Industry for at least 5 years, preferably in Engineering / Service
- Technical Education (BSc. MSc, or equivalent) would be a plus
- Technical and Commercial Understanding
- Performance Driven self-orientation
- Team working mentality
- Customer facing technical and/or business support experience
- Basic English knowledge, verbal & writing
- Practical and analytical skills with documented ability to execute and deliver
- Good communication skills and understanding of international relationship and cultures
- The position will be reporting to the Service Delivery Manager in Greece.
If you would like to apply for the above-mentioned position, send your CV in English version.
We kindly inform you that we contact only chosen candidates.