Field Service Engineer – Mechanical Systems
There has never been a more exciting time to work in Kongsberg Maritime than right now. With us, you will be in forefront of enabling the business to achieve their objectives through technical support. You will be joining the organisation at a time when digital innovation is key to the success of the company, and we want people to help us shape this journey. We are searching for:
Field Service Engineer – Mechanical Systems
In this role, you will be a part of the Global Customer Supports’ Service Delivery Team, and report to the Service Delivery Manager. You will be responsible to perform installation, and commissioning activities of Kongsberg’s Propulsion & Engines Systems on our customers’ vessels and at major shipyards around the world, as well as in-house technical support to our customers. If you have technical qualifications in mechanical systems, then you have the competence we seek. If you can identify yourself with our values determined, innovative, collaborative, reliable and consider yourself highly motivated for worldwide support activities, then you are the candidate we are looking for.
Kongsberg Maritime Italy is a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime with offices in Genoa and in Rome, providing Sales, Aftermarket Sales and Customer Support to our customers.
- Inspection, repair and troubleshooting of propulsion products (mechanical) in accordance with applicable procedures and regulations.
- Support handling technical inquiries together with Technical Support & Engineering department.
- Continuous improvement and development of the process related to the commissioning, repairs and overhauls of products
- Documentation and reporting
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is preferred
- Competence with mechanical and/or hydraulic systems
- General good computer skills
- Proficient written and spoken skills in English and Italian language
- Ready and motivated for world-wide support activities
- Knowledge of and experience with Kongsberg Maritime products is an advantage
You are able to:
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- clear and structured communication
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with proper solutions
What we can offer you
• An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
• International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
• Professional development and career opportunities
• We offer the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future
• We offer the highest standard and working conditions
• We offer flexible working hours / hybrid working arrangement
• We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages
• We offer financial support and paid leave in time of need, travel insurance, private additional health insurance, team buildings, etc.
Rijeka, Pula (Croatia)
Point of contact
Dubravko Buskulic, Manager-Machinery Systems
Navis Consult Engineering Services
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication