Join our World Class team as a Field Service Engineer!
Field Service Engineer - Mechanical Systems (m/f/x)
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Field Service Engineer – Mechanical Systems. In this role, you will be a part of the Global Customer Supports’ Service Delivery Team. You will be responsible to perform installation, and commissioning activities of KONGSBERG’s Propulsion & Handling Systems on our customers’ vessels and at major shipyards around the world, as well as in-house technical support to our customers. If you have technical qualifications in mechanical systems, then you have the competence we seek. If you also identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative, reliable and consider yourself highly motivated for worldwide support activities, then you are the candidate we are looking for.
Kongsberg Maritime Germany is a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime AS with an office with 37 employees based in Hamburg. We are working in Sales, Aftermarket Sales and Customer Support.
- Maintenance, repair and troubleshooting for mechanical systems, like thrusters
- Technical on-call service and assistance local and worldwide
- Technical support by phone and email from the office in Hamburg
- Documentation and reporting
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience
- Competence with mechanical systems
- General good computer skills (Microsoft)
- Proficient written and oral skills in English and German
- Ready and motivated for world-wide support activities
- Knowledge of and experience with Kongsberg Maritime products is an advantage
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Ferdinand Verkerk - GCS Int.Ops Operations Manager - Service Delivery - NL/DE/FR
For over 200 years, KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defense, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies, and market needs.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense, and aerospace.
Our Propulsion and Engines business covers the strategic, operational, engineering activities for propulsion products, engines, and waterjets. Today our product range is one of the broadest in the world and our accountability as a team include all aspects of the product range including market requirements, product strategies development, product costs and profitability throughout the life cycle.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication
CODE OF ETHICS AD BUSINESS CONDUCT
For recruitment agencies, please note that this recruitment process is handled by internal resources and if assistance is required by external providers, it will be on our initiative.