Field Service Engineer - Electrical
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
To strengthen our Service Team, we are looking for a Field Service Engineer for our Power Electric Systems division, located in Bergen. In this role you will provide service and upgrades to existing Kongsberg Maritime installations around the world, support commissioning of new project deliveries and preform in-house testing with customers/surveyors.
Following a practical training scheme, the successful candidates will be included in a 4x4 rotation scheme working on vessels around the world, as well as on site in Bergen.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrades of existing equipment including Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Switchboards, Drives, Frequencies Converters, Starters, Generators, Electrical motors and Energy Storage Units onboard ships.
- Commissioning of complete Diesel-electric propulsion systems, including Switchboards, Drives, Starters, Generators and Electric motors
- Conducting in-house tests, FAT of Drives, Switchboards and Starters
- Participation in projects and process development
- Follow the company's QA and HSE regulation
- On-site coordination
Qualifications and experience
- Technical college/ University diploma in Low Voltage Electrical Equipment or related engineering field as Medium/High Voltage Electrical Equipment
- Work experience from relevant tasks in the maritime industry is preferable
- Good software skills is preferable (PLC, B&R, Automation studio)
- Good English skills, both oral and written are required
- Experience from customer service and working offshore is a great advantage
You are able to
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- solve problems by yourself
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead and define clear priorities
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Egon Torsvik, Service Manager, +4794886909
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication