Field Service Engineer - AUV
There has never been a more exciting time to work in Kongsberg Maritime than right now. With us, you will be in forefront of enabling the business to achieve their objectives through our family of AUVs, including the HUGIN vehicles offer the ultimate in autonomous remote subsea survey capability. You will be joining the organization at a time when digital innovation is key to the success of the company, and we want people to help us shape this journey.
Working as a Field Service Engineer you will do field service and technical assistance of AUV, Hugin systems globally. You will perform technical support and maintenance on our products as well as in-house technical support to our customers.
If you have technical qualifications or field service experience, then you have the competence we seek. If you also identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative, reliable and consider yourself motivated for worldwide support activities, then you are the candidate we are looking for.
- Technical support, Service and Commissioning on Subsea and AUV systems
- In house service of Marine Robotics and AUV systems
- Technical assistance to Sales & Marketing and Aftersales
- Follow up with appropriate technical lead after service and System as Service (SaaS) operation
- Provides customer support and training for new and existing customers both in house and in the field
- Document and analyze operational data
- Reads and interprets specific test procedures to properly perform and document test results
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor education or some years equivalent experience in AUV operations and service
- Experience with commissioning, test or maintenance of electronics and AUVs
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Able to travel overseas on short notice
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- comply to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Professional and personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We offer hybrid working arrangement
Applications are assessed on an ongoing basis, so dont hesitate to apply.
Point of contact
Bente Lise Melås, Senior Vice President - GCS - Sensors & Robotics Services, +47 979 77 916
Henning Tolleifsen, Customer Support Manager Sensors & Robotics Services, +47 992 03 959
You can read more about our AUVs here:
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions. Our Global Customer Support (GCS) division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication