Feild Service Engineer - Waterjets
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation, and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Field Service Engineer – Water Jets in Kongsberg Maritime Arabia. In this role, you will primarily work with various Kongsberg propulsion mechanical/hydraulic services, commissioning and upgrades related to the product portfolio. The position requires availability to travel (domestic and international) to attend service and training in planned or short notice demands including weekends and holidays, whenever required.
- Respond to customer call outs on an ad-hoc or planned basis to conduct maintenance, repairs and modifications activities and carry out defect investigations, resolve operational problems and support the Service Manager & the Product Center to develop and improve relevant techniques.
- Field Service Activities. Capability (hands-on) in place for Mechanical work , with basic knowledge on Controls to perform basic troubleshooting.
- Technical Support and link between customer and product center for customer issues.
- Customer Training (End user and Basic troubleshooting)
- Proactive Sales Activities (Visit local customers and boat builders, proactively identifying upgrade opportunities)
- Installation and commissioning support for new builds
- Support activities in Workshop when needed
- Undertake relevant routine maintenance, repair, and commissioning work on Propulsion equipment in accordance with maintenance contracts
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and work order requests to determine necessary steps for maintenance and repair
- Inspect, analyze, record calibration results, and produce Service and Technical Reports
- Create maintenance service records/recommendations and provide them to the Service Coordination team and customer
- Advise customers on additional propulsion products and service offerings for potential upgrade options
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent education in an Engineering and/or Technical Discipline and/or minimum of three years of Propulsion Field Service experience in the Marine Industry
- Strong verbal communication and written reporting skills in English language
- Microsoft 365 package user level
- Valid Passport
- Oral and written communication skills in Arabic language will be an added advantage
- Availability to travel with short notice, after hours, holidays/weekend, for long periods both locally and internationally
You are able to:
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Make an impact, convince, and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- Communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
- Team building skills
- Assist in workshop projects as required
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Middle East
Points of contact
Loulaj Maliyakkal, Operations Manager,
On or before 1st June 2023 unless otherwise mutually agreed.
Read more about our products and company here:
Ethics and values
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication