Export Control & Security Manager / FSO
Kongsberg Discovery, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Horten, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities internationally. Kongsberg Discovery is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, and navigation. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation both on and under the sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fully subsidized health & welfare benefits for employee (discounted costs for family members) with an option of a high deductible plan that includes an annual employer contribution towards your health savings account ($1500 for family, $750 for employee only, and prorated depending on date of hire)
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
There has never been a more exciting time to work for the Kongsberg Discovery Lynnwood office than right now. With us, you will be in the forefront of enabling the business to achieve its objectives through the role of Export Control & Security Manager / FSO.
As Export Control & Security Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with local and international export regulations, including sanctions, and making sure that sites are compliant with security requirements defined in export regulations and Kongsberg procedures. To be successful in this role, this individual must be great at stakeholder management and very comfortable working and collaborating cross-divisionally with an international team. Additionally, this position will support clearance processing, visit certifications, document control, and maintaining physical security.
As FSO, this position is responsible for implementing and providing guidance to customers and management on security issues such as security education, insider threat, classified document control, security investigations, classification control, and personnel clearances.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES / Export Control & Security Manager
- Oversee export control compliance within the Americas region ensuring offices follow global and local export laws and international sanctions.
- With Engineering support, conduct jurisdiction and classification analysis of products (against USML/CCL/Schedule B/HTS/Country of Origin).
- Manages process for export control; building, implementing, and maintaining processes as needed.
- Draft licenses and agreements. Manage export authorizations, providing reports and notifications to the U.S. government, as necessary.
- Interpret International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administrations. Regulations (EAR), and Sanctions administered by The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Ensure Americas sites follow Kongsberg Discovery and Kongsberg Group security requirements.
- Review U.S. Government import and export regulations, corporate policies, and procedures to ensure company compliance.
- Approve shipments and transfers in accordance with ITAR, EAR, and existing authorizations, including exemptions/exceptions.
- This individual will be required to conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
PREFEERD SKILLS / Export Control & Security Manager
- Experience with U.S. government programs such as SNAP-R, ACE (AES), DECC is a plus.
- Experience with screening programs and export licensing databases.
- Experience drafting and submitting export licenses and agreements, interpreting, and providing guidance on ITAR and EAR regulations for the licensing of commodities, technologies, and defense services.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES / FSO (Facility Security Officer)
- Provide oversight and leadership of the following elements of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) for Kongsberg Discovery, Lynnwood office, DD254s, Collateral security requirements, Personnel & Facility clearances, Training & Briefings, Classification & Markings, Administrative Inquiries, Safeguarding, Classified Visits & Meetings, Classified Subcontracting, COMSEC, and DoD Closed Areas (DCSA Form 147).
- Assess potential risks and threats that affect the business, budget, and Industrial Security program.
- Guide and coordinate activities requiring scheduling and participation within the Security team.
- Partner and communicate with program and functional leadership on Industrial Security matters that directly affect the Kongsberg Discovery, Lynnwood office.
- Special projects as needed.
PREFEERD SKILLS / FSO (Facility Security Officer)
- Experience conducting NISP Self-inspections of varying complexity.
- Established relationships with Department of Defense customers and DCSA personnel.
- COMSEC experience for a traditional account or experience developing and implanting OPSEC plans is a plus.
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP) certification.
- FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities IS030.CU. Certification.
- Project or Program Management Experience.
- Commitment to security - creating and delivering the highest value to customers.
- Ability to interpret company and government security policies and apply them to program operations.
- Self-motivated and highly collaborative with experience working in complex matrixed organizations.
- Highly collaborative, experienced in working in complex matrix organizations.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to qualify for U.S. government clearance.
- Candidate must be able to obtain an active Top-Secret clearance and meet eligibility requirements for SCI access. Active U.S. Top-Secret Clearance is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience managing and implementing security program requirements in a classified R&D environment or an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
Pay Range: $90,000 - $130,000 annually, DOE
Work Location (hybrid): Lynnwood, WA with the option of 3 days remote within commuting distance to Lynnwood.
KONGSBERG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.