Our Deck Machinery and Motion Control division owns, develops and delivers world class handling solutions, with focus on system solutions and integration driving increased efficiency in our customers' operations. The division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg Maritime’s winches and handling solutions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Engineering Manager ETO (Engineer to Order), Deck Machinery. In this role, you will be heading the Engineering Department responsible for the KM Deck Machinery product portfolio. You will be responsible for delivering engineering documentation in customer projects for winches and handling equipment from sales to delivery. This role embraces the span and complexity of engaging in detailed technical discussions for exiting customer projects as well as applying your skills to optimize your team of approx. 25 highly skilled and motivated engineers.
- Deliver complete product design for all disciplines; mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and software
- Be responsible for delivering engineering documentation in customer projects on time, at budget and to the right quality
- Participate in product development and product maintenance
- Manage and develop the Engineering Department, including Resource planning and scheduling, and competency development according to business needs
- Apply best engineering practice, and contribute to process improvements
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in mechanical design or equivalent
- Experience from a manager role in engineering teams is required
- Experience in 3D design tools is required
- Good understanding of the project requirements flow through supply chain, manufacturing and service
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- provide your team with a clear direction, prioritize tasks and deliver to expectations
- use a methodical and systematic approach and plan ahead to allocate resources effectively, but will also handle upcoming changes and short delivery schedules.
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- develop people through delegation, empowerment, coaching and promotes self development
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Brattvåg, Ålesund or Hjørungavåg
Point of contact
Odd Arild Jakobsen, Vice President Engineering ETO - +47 906 38 714
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication