Electronics Engineer Satellites Mechanisms
Do you want to work with deep space?
Have you always wanted to work in the space industry?
Do you want to develop equipment for space exploration?
Shooting for the stars? Join our Space & Surveillance division!
We are looking for an Electronics Engineer with experience in product development, production and testing. The position is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience within the field of space and surveillance in one of Norway’s largest space-divisions. The candidate may in the application also express interest in an opportunity to be team lead for our electronic products and manage a group of brilliant experts.
Who are we
The Space and Surveillance division at Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace has more than 30 years of experience within the space business and delivers a broad spectrum of equipment, systems and services related to space and maritime surveillance customers in more than 40 countries.
Our portfolio includes equipment and components for the European heavy-lift launchers Ariane 5 & 6, NASA’s Mars rover Perseverance, equipment for communication, navigation, earth observation satellites as well as scientific space probes and space exploration.
KONGSBERG is the Nordics largest supplier of space equipment to ESA, and a reliable supplier of equipment to all major ESA science programs.
Who are you
You are a proactive person with a sociable and positive attitude. Able to find creative and efficient ways to solve difficult tasks, and collaborate well with others. Not only do you make things happen on your own initiative, but you are structured, systematic and have great communication skills. You enjoy sharing your knowledge, experience, and you eagerly support others in the pursuit of team goals.
What will you do:
- Development of digital and analogue electronic products and test equipment
- Engineering support for production, test and verification of the products
- The right candidate may get the opportunity to become team lead the electronics product team. This role will mainly consist of the following responsibilities:
- Plan and lead the activities performed by the product team
- Responsible for progress, costs and status for the activities
- Liaise with project teams and the line organization
What you need :
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Electronics
- Proficient in technical English
We will offer you:
- Exciting work in an international environment in the space industry
- A competent and social work environment
- A safe workplace in a growing, expanding and well-established company
- Good insurance, salary and pension plans
The position will require Norwegian and NATO security clearance.
Applications are processed continuously
About Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace
Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace is Norway’s premier supplier of defence and aerospace-related systems and solutions. The company is a leading supplier of defence products and systems for command and control, surveillance, space, tactical communications, remote weapon stations and missiles systems. Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace also has extensive capabilities within advanced composite manufacturing and maintenance, repair and overhaul within the aircraft and helicopter market.
Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS is a wholly owned subsidiary of KONGSBERG and consists of seven business areas, each with a world-class product portfolio and a proven track record. Our divisions, and their 3.300 employees, strive to develop and offer innovative and reliable solutions for extreme conditions worldwide.