Electronic Developer (KM 19-253)
Kongsberg Maritime is an international company with job opportunities worldwide. The company is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
The Technology business unit in the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for keeping KM at the forefront in Products and Technology by innovating, developing and enhancing our world class products. We are in the process of developing new technology platforms on which we are building world leading solutions and in the process of developing solutions within our autonomy and energy areas. Several new projects are in the pipeline which offer exciting opportunities to Hardware Engineers.
Come join a driven and focused Hardware team dedicated to build the future KM – being the world leading solutions provider within selected maritime and marine segments.
The positions report to Department Manager of Hardware & FPGA, Technology.
We are looking for 5 Engineers to join us for an exciting and challenging future. You will be participating in electrical design, documentation and lifecycle management for our hardware products.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Power electronic
- Digital electronic
- Design and implement end-user algorithms directly in FPGA logic
- Circuit Board design, interconnect design PCA and PWB
- Design with respect to Maritime requirements: EMC, Temperature and Vibration
- Validate design in target system
- Simulation tools
- Bachelor/Master degree in electronic design or equivalent
- Experience with Hardware and/or FPGA development
- Domain area knowledge related to hardware products
Experience with one or more of these areas:
- Analog design power supplies
- High precision analogue IO design
- Digital design with micro Controller, micro Processor single and multi-core, memory flash etc.
- FPGA design, end-user algorithms using VHDL and Verilog
- Board design Cadence Orcad/Allegro as tool
- Software, test programs for HW verification
- Different types of communication buses e.g. CAN, RS422/485, PROFIBUS
- Fault finding in Hardware designs
- Maintenance of Hardware design
- Design for Maritime environmental requirements
- Familiar with destructive testing, HALT
- A varied workday with design, practical lab-work and verification.
- Be part of a highly specialized team with highly skilled colleagues
- Career development opportunities
- Inspiring and international working environment
Interviews will be held continuously.