Electrical Discipline Engineer, Systems Design and Integration
We are now looking for an Electrical Discipline Engineer in Kongsberg Maritime with knowledge of maritime system solutions and power energy conversion.
As an Electrical Discipline Engineer within Ship Design projects, you will be engaged from the initial design stage in the projects to the delivery of agreed engineering scope to the customer. In this role, you will be part of the Systems Engineering team. Our Systems Design and Integration department is involved in projects dealing with equipment packages from several Kongsberg Maritime product families delivered as an integrated system project to our customers.
A part of our work is related to novel design where rules and regulations are not complete, and our engineering effort is essential to meet acceptance criteria’s. Could you be our next Electrical Discipline Engineer?
- Technical responsible for execution and delivery for Electrical Discipline in Ship Design projects
- Support design development, Interface meetings, check function and scope of the Kongsberg Maritime deliveries
- Design- and quality check of ship systems, specifications, functions- and vessel integration
- Manage engineering team responsible for Basic Design deliveries, sale support
- Follow-up detailed design deliveries, plan and execute document deliveries, engineering
- Good understanding of class rules and regulations and technical understanding
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
Qualifications and experience
- Masters or bachelor’s degree, technical college within power, electrical or automation engineering
- Experience in one or several of; electrical installations in marine constructions, system or equipment design, operation of ships or offshore installations or commissioning and service
- Experience with use of AutoCAD and general good IT- level skills
- Experience as STCW ETR/ETO is considered as an advantage
- Good written and verbal communications skills in Norwegian and English
You are able to
- proactive- and self-driven, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- comply to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- demonstrate technical knowledge and expertise in own area
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- We offer flexible working hours
Hjørungavåg or Ålesund
Point of contact
Tonny Holtet, +4795055150
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication