Electrical Design Engineer - Drives
There has never been a more exciting time to work in Kongsberg Maritime than right now.
With us, you will be in forefront of enabling the business to achieve their objectives through our energy products and solutions. You will be joining the organization at a time when digital innovation is key to the success of the company, and we want people to help us shape this journey.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Electrical Design Engineer for our electrical drives portfolio. In this role you will be the key enabler to utilize our full potential in the green shift in the maritime environment. You will be responsible for developing, and actively managing, our drives portfolio. You enthusiastically share and demonstrate specialist knowledge while supporting your colleagues in a proactive and systematic way.
If you identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative, reliable and consider yourself motivated to work with electrical detail design then you might be the candidate we are looking for.
- Electrical architecture in LV drives
- Electrical detail design of standard typicals
- Simulation and analysis of power electronics circuits and drive systems
- Life-cycle management of the drives product portfolio
- Generate and maintain standard documentation and engineering tools
- Technical product support to the delivery organization
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or Master of Science within electrical engineering. We also encourage newly graduates to apply
- Experience with electrical design, preferably in E-Plan or similar tool
- Experience with simulation and analysis of power electronic converters and systems
- Knowledge of relevant product standards and marine classification rules
- Familiar with EMI and common mode challenges in drives and large DC systems is an advantage, but not a requirement
- We use Matlab/Simulink/Simscape today so experience with one of them is an advantage
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Professional development and career opportunities
- To take part in the green shift for the ocean space
- We offer the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future
- We offer flexible working hours
- We offer hybrid working arrangement
Horten, Kongsberg or Bergen
Point of contact
Tomas Lagerfelt, +47 930 381 38
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Our Energy Products business unit provides a complete portfolio of switchboards, electric drives, batteries with a unique approach to energy management and integration with overall vessel control. We aim to pave the way for more efficient operation and design of the energy system.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication