Dynamic Positioning Operator Training Instructor
To further strengthen our team, we are looking for a Dynamic Positioning Operator Training Instructor to join us within our existing multi-disciplined team at Kongsberg Maritime in Aberdeen.
We believe that customer training is a corner stone to our success by ensuring that users maximise the use of our system features and therefore we have established training centres around the world. From our well-equipped training centre in Aberdeen we run operational courses, validated by the Nautical Institute, and maintenance training from introduction to advanced levels.
As a DPO Training Instructor, you will develop and conduct marine operations training courses to our global customers. We are seeking an excellent communicator who can actively contribute to the growth of our training centre. Ideally you will have experience in the offshore industry preferably as Dynamic Positioning Operator / Deck Officer on a DP vessel. The position will be primarily based within our Training Centre in Aberdeen; however, occasional international travel to our other Training Centres may be required.
Our Training Instructors are at the front line when representing KONGSBERG to our worldwide customers. If you have marine qualifications, identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative, and reliable, and are highly motivated for worldwide training activities, then you are the person we are looking for.
- Help develop, prepare, conduct, and assess customer training programmes within marine operations including the range of Dynamic Positioning, Navigation, Full Bridge, and specialist marine applications used by KM customers.
- Assist in the planning of Marine Operator courses ensuring that they are conducted with a minimum of cancellations.
- Contribute towards regular reviews to ensure that the company is addressing training requirements of customers worldwide
- Support customer DP Operation training activities including course development and instruction.
- Conduct training courses overseas as required.
- Participate in UK Offshore industry training initiatives
Please be aware that candidates will be reviewed continuously.
Qualifications and experience
- Demonstratable experience in Marine Operations or Marine Systems with a Certificate of Competency
- Nautical Institute or DNV-GL DP Unlimited certificate.
- Experience from DP-vessel holding a DP unlimited certificate
- Ability to travel within the UK and internationally, sometimes at short notice.
- Valid UK driving licence
- Valid UK Passport or other current permission to work in the UK
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities
- communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
- co-operate well with others and share knowledge, experience, and information
- customer focused and positive attitude
- Able to handle several activities simultaneously
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate information on new technology
- Ability to impart expert knowledge in a structured and methodical way
- Quality conscious, service minded, outgoing, creative and independent
What we can offer
- The opportunity to see the world and work with world-class technology products
- An inspiring, safe, and dynamic working environment
- Career opportunities in a well-known international company
- Competitive conditions
Aberdeen, with occasional travel.
Point of contact
Paul Ford, Technical Training Manager, +44 1224 278 300
For over 200 years, KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centres of expertise around products, technologies, and market needs.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence, and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades, and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades, and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication