Director Sales - Naval Sonars
Are you ready to lead a dynamic team in the world of cutting-edge naval products and systems? KONGSBERG invites you to step into the role as Director Sales - Naval Sonars, a key position with the potential to reshape the future of our company. Join the Kongsberg Discovery sales team and embark on a thrilling journey that will not only help us reach our targets but also keep us at the forefront of innovation and competitiveness.
As our Director Sales - Naval Sonars, you will take center stage, driving product and system sales to prime contractors and end-users. But that's not all – your mission will extend to exploring cross-selling opportunities across our extensive portfolio. You'll work alongside a seasoned team, and together, you'll be at the helm of maximizing our sales potential.
Our Naval Department specializes in delivering advanced military hydroacoustic products and systems to meet the strict requirements of navies. Our range includes state-of-the-art sonars for mine and obstacle detection, navigation capabilities, anti-submarine warfare in coastal and deep-sea settings, and high-resolution seabed imaging with HISAS synthetic aperture sonars. Additionally, several products from other departments, such as Underwater Positioning, Seatex, Underwater Mapping and Uncrewed Platforms will be part of the complete offering.
This position will require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority, clearance through the Civil Aviation Authority, and a thorough background check. For more information, please visit www.nsm.no.
- Lead the global Naval Sonar sales department and Develop sales and pricing strategies for Naval sonar systems, ensuring competitiveness and profitability.
- Formulate annual budgets and strategies in line with our ambitious vision.
- Actively engage in sales efforts, representing the company effectively, including product demonstrations, preparing quotations, and managing contract negotiations.
- Build and maintain customer relationships for high satisfaction and collaborate with internal and external partners to achieve sales objectives.
- Leverage external market representatives to expand our influence and participate in industry conferences and events to bolster our presence.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field or a strong background in Naval operations
- Preferred experience in Naval tender processes and procurement
- In-depth knowledge of ASW, MCM, and SBW/Infrastructure applications
- Solid understanding of the Naval market and relevant technologies
- Proven sales experience within the Naval industry
- Fluent oral and written Norwegian and English
You are able to:
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively.
- communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way.
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Willing to travel internationally (up to 80-100 days per year).
Preferred location is Horten (Norway), but the position offers flexibility to be located at multiple KONGSBERG locations across Norway, providing you the opportunity to choose the work environment that suits you best.
Are you interested in more information? Contact:
Helge Uhlen, VP Sales, Ocean Technology +47 9920 3987
Stene Førsund, EVP Sales +47 9588 5433
What We Offer:
At KONGSBERG, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package with ample opportunities for professional development in an international environment. We support flexible work hours and holiday arrangements, and provide an attractive benefits package. Our work environment is inspiring and safe, and we offer the chance to work on sustainable solutions for the future.
Kongsberg Discovery is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations, and project delivery for KONGSBERG's subsea and marine surface sensors, hydroacoustic positioning, sonars, and mapping systems, AUV’s and USV’s, and communications systems. Through its comprehensive portfolio of offerings, Kongsberg Discovery continues to be recognized as a world leader in its core markets all over the world. We have a strong history and track record of delivering world-class products and services to customers across the globe. There is a firm focus on developing advanced technological and autonomous systems that optimize operations at sea – while simultaneously reducing the environmental impact – our solutions are key in transforming the maritime sector for a more sustainable future.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two-hundred-year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet