Are you looking for challenging development tasks? Check out Space Electronics in Horten!
Digital Signal Processing Engineer
The Space & Surveillance division of Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace delivers a broad spectrum of space and maritime surveillance equipment, systems and services to customers worldwide. Kongsberg Space Electronics in Horten is a world leading supplier of communication equipment to satellites.
You can be a part of a team that develops complete systems, integrating digital and analogue signal processing for telecom, navigation, search and rescue, and earth observation satellites. Our equipment and components are currently used in more than 200 satellites. The DSP and FPGA team has contributed to exciting projects such as the RIMFAX instrument on board the NASA Mars Perseverance rover as well as designed and developed the data transmitter for the ESA PLATO mission, searching for planets outside our solar system. We are presently in the process of developing communication equipment for earth observation satellites, providing environmental data used for monitoring and research on the earth climate.
Do you meet some or all of the following requirements?
• Experience in developing signal processing products for telecommunication applications or other relevant experience applicable for design of digital modems
• Good technical skills within modulation and digital filtering
• Experience defining abstract models for specific problems that you can evaluate in Matlab
• Experience implementing signal processing algorithms and verify these in Simulink/Matlab
• The ability to both have an overview of many different challenges in addition to going into depth of the challenges
• Architecture, design and implementation of modulators and demodulators used for radio transmitters and receivers
• Develop algorithms for channel coding, modulation and digital predistortion
• Product follow-up by reviewing test data during production phase
We can offer:
• Challenging tasks pushing technologies to the limit
• An environment where you can evolve your technical skills
• Taking part in the satellite product development from the proposal phase to the design and production phases
At Kongsberg Space Electronics you will join a diverse team of engineers who share the passion and excitement for making products for the space market. You will work in a large group of DSP engineers, willing to share knowledge and experience. There will be good opportunities for both personal and professional growth. Kongsberg offers good employee benefits such as pensions, insurance, health insurance, company cabin, cultural events etc.
Kongsberg Space Electronics is located in Horten. Horten offers beautiful surroundings on the Oslo fjord, a variety of cultural activities and good place to raise a family (www.visithorten.no).
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.