Digital Signal Processing Developer (KSE 06/22)
Kongsberg Defence and Aerospace – Space Electronics is a world leading supplier of communication equipment for satellites.
We are expanding our digital team and are looking for people with an interest for space and have the following qualifications:
• You have a master’s degree in electronics, cybernetics, physics, mathematics or similar
• You have experience in signal processing for telecommunication
• You can develop and verify algorithms in Simulink/Matlab
We are looking for people who can take part in a team with the following responsibilities:
• Architecture, design and implementation of modulators and demodulators used for radio transmitters and receivers
• Develop algorithms for channel coding, modulation and digital predistortion
• Product design verification and production follow-up
Working with us, you will be a part of a team developing equipment, integrating digital and analogue signal processing used in telecom, navigation, search and rescue, and earth observation satellites. We are proud to say that our equipment is used in more than 200 satellites orbiting the earth today.
The DSP and FPGA team has contributed to the RIMFAX instrument on board the NASA rover Perseverance, which has landed on Mars. We have designed and built prototypes of the communication equipment to be used in the ESA PLATO mission, searching for planets outside our solar system. Furthermore, we are developing communication equipment for earth observation satellites, collecting environmental data used for monitoring and research on the earth climate.
We can offer:
• Challenging tasks pushing the technologies to the limit
• An environment where you can evolve your technical skills
• Taking part in the product from the proposal phase trough the design and production, until the equipment is ready for installation on the satellite
There will be good opportunities for both personal and professional growth. Kongsberg offers good employee benefits such as pensions, insurance, health insurance, company cabin, cultural events etc.
Space Electronics is located in Horten. Horten offers beautiful surroundings on the Oslo fjord, a variety of cultural activities and good place to raise a family (www.visithorten.no).
In connection with the recruitment process, the candidate applying for the position will be subject to a background check and an assessment of this will be used as a basis for selecting a candidate.
To be a relevant candidate for the position, you must be able to qualify for Security Clearance at a later stage in the employment, cf. The Security Act