Our Propulsion and Handling division delivers world class products for propulsion, handling systems, motion control and waterjet for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore and naval. Our products enhance operational efficiency and deliver safe, secure, reliable and sustainable products to our valued customers.
We are now looking for a Design Engineer to become a key product specialist within the mechanical/hydraulic discipline for our Steering Gear product family. We are in a phase where digitalization, connectivity and integration with the rest of Kongsberg product portfolio is crucial for our success. To suceed with this, an important enabler is to continuously improve and evovle our mechanical products.
- Provide technical capability and experience related to Steering Gear products
- Contribute to product maintenance and development, including technical documentation
- Lead or be part of product and process improvement projects
- Provide engineering support to activities related to manufacturing, purchase and quality
- Provide engineering support to our Sales and Contract Management teams
- Collaborate with our aftermarket organization on product issues, and contribute to the resolution of customer issues
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or Master education within mechanical engineering
- Strong competence in mechanical 3D-design, preferably including FEA experience
- Strong competence in hydraulics
- Strong knowledge of machining processes and ‘Design for Manufacturing’
- Experience using Siemens NX and Teamcenter software tools is an advantage
- Experience from manufacturing or maritime industry is an advantage
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority, clearance through Civil Aviation Authority or a background check.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
Joining our small, but highly skilled and motivated team, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Brattvåg or Ålesund
Point of contact
Sverre Holmberg - Technical Product Manager, +47 920 59 932
Jarle Aadland – Vice President Steering Gears, +47 951 56 173
*Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, apply today!
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We are determined in our work to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet