Design Engineer Electrical – Deck Machinery
Our Deck Machinery and Motion Control division owns, develops and delivers world class handling solutions, with focus on system solutions and integration driving increased efficiency in our customers' operations. The division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg Maritime’s winches and handling solutions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Design Engineer Electrical – Deck Machinery, reporting to Team Lead ETO Automation - Deck Machinery. In this role you will be working with design of electrical control systems on customer projects related to winches and handling systems in our KM Deck Machinery product portfolio.
Follow projects from sales phase to equipment delivery:
- Design, documentation and test of control systems
- Commissioning support in customer projects
- Technical support within own organization
- Follow up on suppliers
Qualifications and experience
- Electro or Automation education at minimum bachelor level, and / or relevant experience
- Background within electrical design of control systems
- EX experience from offshore / rig projects
- Knowledge to class requirements like NORSOK / DNVGL
- Familiar within ATEX / IECEx UL or FM / NEC500 & 505
- Knowledge of Electrical design tools like 2D Autocad, CadettElsa or similar
- Knowledge of PLM tools (ex. Teamcenter 10)
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning opportunities
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Brattvåg / Hjørungavåg / Ålesund
Point of contact
Knut-Inge Haram +47 90 79 19 31
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication