Energy Products Engineering
Delivery Lead Engineer – Energy Storage (KM 21-042)
Kongsberg Maritime is charging towards a leading position in the next generation of ship autonomy and electrification. We are simultaneously delivering and developing energy solutions at the cutting edge of both maritime hardware, control and software.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance in extreme conditions. We do that through delivering world-class products and services that deliver real benefits to our customers.
The K-Power product range includes switchboards, electric drives and batteries, as well as unique approaches to energy management and integration with the overall vessel control. Our take on digitalization aims to pave the way for more efficient operation and design of the energy system as a whole.
As a part of the industrialization process of our product line, the Energy Products Engineering Department shall develop a streamlined process of Engineering to Order/Configure to Order on Energy Products. Ensuring delivery on time, cost and right quality, and manage fabrication of the products and systems according to project contracts.
We are now looking for a Delivery Lead Engineer – Energy Storage to join our team. The job purpose for a Delivery Lead Engineer is to lead the technical delivery of Energy Storage Systems projects overseeing a multi-disciplinary team in a close cooperation with the Product team and our fabricators.
- Be a technical team leader and communicate requirements, scope of work, budgets and plans to the delivery team
- Overall responsibility for the Technical performances, Design, Engineering and Manufacturing for the product package - from detail engineering until finished product
- Responsible for engineering planning (Cost, Time, Resources) and reporting on ESS deliveries
- Verification and control of technical documentation and drawings as well as documentation follow-up
- Responsible for technical RFQs for relevant product
- Monitor fabrication and test progress on ESS deliveries
- Responsible for fabrication cost across project deliveries – material, test, class, hours
- Proactively work on improvements around procedures, fabrication and testing of ESS
- Lessons learned and continuous improvement projects based on feedback from fabricator and service
- Provide technical reference / guidance to equipment suppliers, internal departments and customers.
- Technical support to service for products in operation
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline-related field
- Formal education may be compensated by evidence of technical competence gained through experience
- Experience with technical project management
- A good understanding and knowledge of our products, their functionality and applications
- Experience with energy storage, preferably within marine power electric systems
- Knowledge of relevant industry standard, classification rules and flag states
- Education and experience enabling engineering to meet existing delivery times in order book/new contracts consisting of older generation and newly developed Energy Storage product portfolio
- Fluent oral/ written English communication
Who are you as a person?
- Self-driven and energetic
- Work structured and systematic
- Able to be a team-builder that motivates and encourages project resources
- You are proactive and someone that actively seeks advice and freely share your knowledge and experience with others
- Able to contribute across professional groups and technology areas
- Communicate clearly and structured, and present in an effective way
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication