Data Scientist - Operational Insights
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Operational Insights team as a Data Scientist. In this role, you will play a key role in delivering analytics based on operational data to customers. You will also support our sales team by providing data-based sales arguments for the sale of advanced hybrid systems on newbuilds and sailing vessels. You will also assist in combining lifecycle data with operational data to evaluate the effect of service activity on vessel performance and equipment health, and the corresponding lifecycle risks incurred or reduced in condition-based maintenance planning.
- Support the team with expertise in statistical models and data visualization
- Communicate and interact with internal and external customers to understand their needs
- Perform ad-hoc statistical and data mining analyses based on this understanding
- Research, implement and build algorithms and solutions
- Explain the results of analyses to customers and internal stakeholders
- Provide knowledge and experience to interpret the results of the analysis
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified degree or relevant experience in data modeling, quantitative analysis, marine engineering or naval architecture
- Experience in using statistical packages, such as SAS, R, Mathematica, MatLab/Octave, Python or Spark/Hadoop libraries
- Knowledge in programming in at least one modern language
- Experience with industrial systems, equipment maintenance, and fault inspection
- Knowledge of marine propulsion systems and maritime operations
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of operating
- Preferably some knowledge of data collection and analysis of vessel and equipment data
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve objectives
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Jan Chirkowski - +47 47826033
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication