Join our high caliber team as a Data Engineer!
By using leading-edge technology, KONGSBERG DIGITAL is a provider of the next generation software and creator of complex digital solutions that are changing the fields within maritime, renewables & utilities and oil & gas.
By being a part of Kongsberg Digital, you will work in a highly competent team with other qualified and competent engineers and developers, shaping and developing our market-leading software.
Why work as a Data Engineer in KONGSBERG Digital?
The Analytics team in KONGSBERG Digital is the Centre of Excellence in machine learning and related methodology for the whole KONGSBERG group. As a member of this team, you therefore work with world class technology from many areas. Among other things, you will be able to work with two of Kongsberg Digital's products;
Kognitwin- Using our Digital Twin technologies to digitalize the Oil & Energy sector.
Vessel Insight- Digital vessel to cloud data, digitalizing the global maritime industry.
We are looking for Data Engineers to help scale the team’s methods and deploy the resulting models and applications to production environments. Tasks and responsibilities include participating in designing, building, and maintaining infrastructure for data ingestion, processing, analytics, and reporting by:
- Creating and automating batch and stream data processing workflows
- Working with physical simulators and 3D engines and integrating them with machine learning applications.
- Deploying machine learning models and data processing applications together with product teams
- Developing methods and tools for monitoring machine learning models in production
You will work closely with other teams to continually improve reference architectures for common implementation patterns and provide automation, templates and tooling to realize these reference architectures at scale. The result is a mix of infrastructure engineering, architecture and data science product development in a welcoming cross-functional team.
What are we looking for?
- Strong coding skills in Python and the ability and interest to learn new languages and technologies. Familiarity with a systems programming language (e.g. C#/.NET, C++ or Rust) and Typescript is an advantage. It`s also a plus if you have experience with InfluxDB.
- Experience developing and/or deploying services on a cloud platform and working with containers.
- Data engineering/IoT/streaming experience
- Knowledge of machine learning and data science, or interest and ability to learn
- But most important of all, we are looking for you who have a passion for using new technology to help solve complex problems
Here at Kongsberg Digital we can offer you a lot, but mostly...
- An interesting position and an opportunity to be part of shaping the digital transformation of several industries, including Maritime and Energy
- Work in a cross-disciplinary team with great opportunities for learning from your colleagues
- You will have a high level of flexibility in your role and work with multiple internal and external teams
- Meaningful work. The software and systems you take part in developing will affect the safety and operations worldwide
- Career opportunities and personal development
- Be part of an exciting journey together with a brilliant team who wants to make a difference
- Competitive compensation and good benefits
Does this sound like the next smart career step for you? Then join us on our journey to World Class - through People, Technology and Dedication.
Please apply through Linkedin: here