At KONGSBERG, we're all about leading innovation, and our focus on "Protechting People and Planet" guides us toward groundbreaking solutions and crafting a sustainable future. We would like you to join this journey as our new CNC Operator.
As a CNC Operator at Kongsberg Discovery your workday will be very diverse and exciting. Our multi-axis machines require a good understanding of CNC programming and machining parameters. Broad experience in this field is a great advantage. We also have manual machines like a lathe, milling machine, and bandsaws for smaller, specialized parts. We work with materials ranged from all kinds of metal to plastic and composite materials.
- CNC Programming
- R&D and Manufacturing
- Quality Control of produced parts and repairs
- High focus on HSE
- Reporting on production, quality and HSE
- Good IT-knowledge
Qualifications and experience
- Certificate of Apprenticeship
- Extensive experience in CNC Programming is preferred
- Extensive experience with CNC Machining
- Knowledge in the field of materials
- Experienced in reading and/or creating GD&T drawings
At KONGSBERG, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. We encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet every requirement. Research shows that women and minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Your unique perspective is valuable to us. Your skills, attitude and perspective could be exactly what we are looking for!
At KONGSBERG, "Protechting People and Planet" drives solutions, and diverse teams inspire innovation.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority, clearance through Civil Aviation Authority or a background check.
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- Comply to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Create a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and support and encourage the team.
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- Produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- Be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning and career development opportunities
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Flexible working hours
Strandpromenaden 50, Horten
Possibility of 2 shifts in the future
Point of contact
Team Manager Machining
+47 92 03 28 64
Kongsberg Discovery is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations, and project delivery for KONGSBERG's subsea and marine surface sensors, hydroacoustic positioning, sonar & mapping systems, robotic vessels, and communications systems. Through its comprehensive portfolio of offerings, Kongsberg Discovery continues to be recognized as a world leader in its core markets all over the world. We have a strong history and track record of delivering world-class products and services to customers across the globe. There is a firm focus on developing advanced technological and autonomous systems that optimize operations at sea – while simultaneously reducing the environmental impact – our solutions are key in transforming the maritime sector for a more sustainable future.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud and more than two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We are determined in our work to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet