Cloud Operation Engineer
Role: Cloud Operation Engineer (Multiple Positions)
Title: (Sr)/Development Engineer
What do we do at Kognitwin Energy?
Kongsberg Digital’s solutions for the energy sector enables our customers to optimize and manage their operations. From design to end-of-life of their assets, we help increase safety, reduce costs and save time on land, under water and offshore.
Beyond being a virtual replica of the customer’s industrial facilities, Kognitwin Energy, our dynamic digital twin delivers a rich framework for advanced digitalization and analytics, including a range of solutions that can be customized to attend the industry needs to deliver digitalization at scale. We are building next gen web applications on our Kognitwin platform to enable untapped value streams for our customers in O&G through digitalization.
As an integral part of our growing global development and operations team, you will collaborate to manage the Azure Cloud infrastructure for the product and customers.
Further, you will:
- Engage in fast-paced agile application development and operations teams to deploy, manage and operate highly available, fault tolerant development and production environments.
- Identify and select appropriate services based on compute power, data availability and security requirements.
- Collaborate in on-going production operations, support and maintenance of the cloud platform.
- Troubleshooting and solving technical issues in a complex stack involving virtualization, containers, multiple services and domains.
- Build Infrastructure as code to implement automatic provisioning of cloud resources.
- Participate in estimating usage costs to identify and implement cost control mechanisms.
- Provide necessary technical documentation to enable visibility and maintainability of the infrastructure.
- Play an integral role in acquiring and learning technology trends, expertise, and best practices to keep the team’s collective knowledge up to date.
To be a fit for this position, you have:
- Masters/Bachelor Degree in Engineering from a reputed university with an excellent academic record.
- Any relevant certifications on technology from reputed sources is a plus.
- 6-10 years of relevant industry experience. Experience working in SAAS delivery and Energy / Oil & Gas / Engineering domain is a definite plus.
- 2-4 years of experience working in distributed agile developments. Experience working in international teams is relevant.
- Technical Skills
- Strong fundamentals on Cloud (Azure) and Networking concepts is essential.
- Strong knowledge on networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, Web Security, Load Balancers, Firewalls, etc is necessary.
- Hands-on experience in Infrastructure as Code services like Terraform / CloudFormation / others is expected.
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes is expected.
- Proven hands-on experience in building and deploying containers for Linux environment is necessary. Experience with Windows environment is a plus.
- Hands-on experience / academic knowledge with secure storage i.e. Azure KeyVault, Key Management Services, etc. is expected.
- Hands-on experience / academic knowledge with managing cloud infrastructure with Alibaba Cloud, AWS, Google Cloud, etc. is a plus.
Interpersonal & Digital Fluency
- Passion for technology, challenges and quality with a dynamic, forward leaning and proactive personality.
- Ability/willingness to take end-to-end responsibility of work with an attitude that “Nothing is too Big or too Small” to make a valuable contribution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to participate actively in team activities.
- Strongly belief in commitment to ownership and cause of business and team by aligning with the leadership and management.
- Enthusiasm to be curious and learn technology / domain expertise on demand to help increase the collective knowledge in the team.
- Strong belief in earning reputation and respect through consistence demonstration of work, skills and attitude.
We Value You
At Kongsberg Digital we have a lot to offer. An exciting career and the possibility to develop yourself working with other highly competent peers. Challenging opportunities with possibilities of career development in an environment that is flexible and fosters technical excellence. We offer top in the Industry benefits and competitive compensation and stand for diversity and inclusion.
Please apply for this position through LinkedIn.