CFD Engineer – Ocean Hydrodynamics
As a CFD Engineer (Computational Fluid Dynamics) in Hydrodynamics, you will use high-end CFD methodologies and tools to support products and provide company internal consultancy services within hydrodynamics to improve design, performance and efficiency to lower energy consumption and maximize efficiency. This includes customization of our excellent products so that they correspond to the needs and requirements of our internal and external customers.
In your daily work, you will perform numerical simulations and analysis related to various ship hydrodynamic performance aspects. Our collaboration with external research bodies ensure that you will be part of a team that is at the forefront of development in the fields of propulsion and manoeuvring hydrodynamics. We offer you an opportunity to work in an environment where there are no given answers and solutions and where your creativity and problem-solving ability are put to test.
- Numerical and geometric modelling and simulations.
- Technical analysis and problem solving.
- Development and research projects.
- Support in Sales and Aftermarket upgrading projects.
- Reporting and presentations of your work for internal and external customers.
Qualifications and experience
Ability to dive deep into technical problem solving and at the same time focus on delivery of results.
You have a Master or PhD in one of the following fields:
- Marine Hydrodynamics / Aerodynamics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Applied Mathematics and numerical simulations
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Birgit Kjoss Lynge (+47 97517165 firstname.lastname@example.org) or Göran Grunditz (+46 702984840 email@example.com)
Our Propulsion and Engines business covers the strategic, operational, engineering activities for propulsion products and engines. Today our product range is one of the broadest in the world and our accountability as a team include all aspects of the product range including market requirements, product strategies & development, product costs and profitability throughout the life cycle.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication