KONGSBERG MARITIME LTD
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Commercial Marine business for the role of Buyer to join the Procurement function at our offices in Dunfermline, Scotland.
The Procurement function is responsible for effectively acquiring the goods and services Kongsberg needs in order to win new business and deliver profitable projects. It typically manages orders and supplier contracts which has a significant contribution on our organisation’s turnover, impacting on our product quality, performance and reputation.
The Buyer is to purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the Business operational needs are met, considering price, quality and delivery to ensure continuity of supply in support of the various projects and programmes. The successful candidate will demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude and have a high degree of flexibility.
- Assist and contribute to the implementation of robust sourcing strategies ensuring that the supply base has the capability and capacity to meet all current and future Business requirements
- Make sourcing decisions in accordance with Kongsberg CM Management System processes
- Lead the negotiation of supplier prices and where applicable annual price reductions using appropriate negotiation techniques.
- Develop and improve supplier capability and identify opportunities to secure the Business benefits.
- Maintain compliance with all associated Kongsberg CM Management System processes.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships in the interests of Kongsberg Maritime Ltd, including the recommendation of suppliers for selection / deletion for the assigned commodities.
- Communicate with Suppliers regularly to address any concerns and adopt an environment that facilitates continual improvement in working relationships.
- Support other procurement personnel who are coordinating strategies on associated commodities.
- Analyse Supplier performance using statistical and analytical tools and methods.
- Ensure on-time processing of non-conforming products via the KM QMS system.
- Act as an interface between Suppliers and other KM departments on products / components.
- Prepare and raise Supplier purchase orders.
- Obtain regular reports from Suppliers on product / component delivery and advise other KM departments on any issues which present a risk or opportunity to the organisation.
- Collate non-conforming product re-work costs and claim costs from Supplier.
- Coordinate the movement of materials for sub-contract activities.
- Maintaining compliance with Export Controlled Technology / Hardware processes and procedures.
- Attendance at weekly production / project review meetings
- Interfacing with both our internal and external stakeholders.
- Procurement accreditation would be highly desirable, or willingness to work towards a CIPS qualification.
- Ability to influence at all levels and strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written are essential.
- The successful candidate should be self-motivated, prepared to use their own initiative and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong planning and organising skills to manage short, medium and long-term activities and deliverables.
- Ability to understand the importance of good work ethic.
- Ability to build relationships that bring together a broad range of talents, experiences and perspectives thus promoting the “One Team” approach.
- Acts in a professional and courteous manner to our colleagues and our Suppliers at all times.
- An aptitude for problem solving in a high-pressure environment.
- Compliance with the company's HS&E policies and procedures and involvement in HSE governance activities.
- Active participation in Business improvement activities.
Internal: Sales & Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Projects, Stores & Logistics, Finance.