Buyer - Stabilisers and Naval Steering Gear
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Kongsberg Maritime business in Dunfermline, to be part of a business that delivers mission critical products to Naval and Commercial Customers.
In this role as Buyer – Stabilisers and Naval Steering Gear, you will be responsible for planning and executing all procurement activities as defined for the specific products, including procurement sourcing, operations and supplier management to meet our Customers’ requirements. The Stabilisers and Naval Steering Gear business based in Dunfermline, is part of the Propulsion & Handling Division that is a growing business with a broad range of products, ranging from new technologies to aftermarket services, operating globally.
To further strengthen the existing team, we are looking for a Buyer that has the KONGSBERG attributes of being Reliable, Collaborative, Determined and Innovative.
- Procurement of products in ERP including management of procurement process from demand, through to purchase orders and delivery of parts
- Where designated, you will be responsible for the effective day to day management of suppliers including delivery, quality, cost performance
- Place purchase orders in our ERP-system, ensure good data integrity and process management
- Support any sourcing requirements including finding new suppliers, RFQs, supplier contracts
- Work closely with operations, planning, logistics and quality, to achieve common business targets, including the management and rectification of quality and delivery issues from suppliers.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualified and ideally MCIPS qualified or equivalent.
- 3-5 years work experience
- Familiarity with purchasing and supply chain management preferred.
- Global outlook and open to different challenges, cultures and ways of working.
- Good planning / project management / commercial skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
You are able to
- comply to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- We offer hybrid working arrangements
Dalgety Bay, Dunfermline KY11
Point of contact
Arkadiusz Pokorski, Supply Chain Manager, Motion Control
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries.
Our Propulsion and Handling division delivers world class products for propulsion, handling systems, motion control and waterjet for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore and naval. Our products enhance operational efficiency and deliver safe, secure, reliable and sustainable products to our valued customers.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet