Automation Engineer, Offshore Handling Systems – Control & Digital
Our Deck Machinery and Motion Control division owns, develops, and delivers world class handling solutions, with focus on system solutions and integration driving increased efficiency in our customers' operations. The division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg Maritime’s winches and handling solutions. Offshore handling is a growth segment for Kongsberg Maritime, both in traditional offshore markets and the emerging renewables markets where we are well positioned to take a leading role.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Automation Engineer, Offshore Handling Systems, reporting to Team Lead Hardware. In this role you will be working with design of electrical control systems on customer projects related to winches and handling systems in our KM Deck Machinery product portfolio.
- Contribute to the development of new products, systems, and concepts
- Understand how your work contributes to DMMC strategy and deliver to required cost & quality
- Follow projects from sales phase to equipment delivery
- Design, documentation, and test of electrical systems
- Commissioning support in customer projects
- Technical support within own organization
- Follow up on suppliers
- Contribute to our team; socially and professionally
Qualifications and experience
- Practical background within Electro or Automation
- Electro or Automation education (engineer, technician or similar)
- Familiar with design of electrical systems
- Knowledge of Electrical design tools (we use 2D Autocad, CadettElsa, Teamcenter 13)
- Familiar to Deck Machinery products and / or electrical drive systems is an advantage
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning opportunities
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Brattvåg / Hjørungavåg / Ålesund
Point of contact
+47 90 79 19 31
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication