Assembly and Test manager - reference nr: 2295741
Kongsberg Defence Australia is a part of Kongsberg Defence and Aerospace which delivers mission critical solutions to customers around the globe. Kongsberg Defence Australia is delivering these solutions to meet the unique military needs of Australia. We live our core values: determined, innovative, reliable and collaborative.
We are looking for an Assembly and Test Manager for a newly created Assembly and Test Team to be based in Adelaide, Australia. The Team’s initial focus will be on the assembly of ground-based air defence subsystems as part of the Australian Army LAND 19 Phase 7B project. In time the work undertaken by this role is anticipated to expand to support the delivery of different types of technologies for future Defence projects.
Kongsberg’s Assembly and Test Team will pioneer the delivery of Kongsberg’s technologies and production techniques to meet Australian needs. As such, this position is a foundational role that must establish a sound productive base for immediate projects but requires the leadership and acumen to position the team for other technologies and production challenges. This role will be supported by training in Norway and mentoring in Australia by experienced Kongsberg production staff and engineers.
- As the Assembly and Test Manager, lead an initial team of 3–4 staff and potentially up to 10.
- Conduct and oversight of production planning and the implementation of production processes and quality systems.
- Act as a local site manager for Assembly and Test personnel located in Adelaide
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher relevant education – preferably a relevant engineering degree or Certificate IV in electrical or electronic systems.
- Experience working in a production environment – preferably with the assembly and test of electronic sub-systems and systems.
- Exposure to, and work with a production supply chain and associated warehousing and stores management.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be an Australian citizen or able to obtain an Australian security clearance
- Willingness to travel for work – Including mentoring and training in Norway
Travelling must be expected.